1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Trucking

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 150's~, Jan 18, 2004.

1. 150's~

150's~ Guest

Trucking

Discussion started by 150's~ - Jan 18, 2004

Yeah so I'm thinking about making a career out of trucking. I haven't done any research on the subject but I hear you can make some significant dough. I guess you have to go to trucking school or someshit to get a license. Any feedback or experience with the trucking industry would be cool. I'm a college drop out and I see a bleak future ahead of me so that's why i'm asking. Trucking would be aiight.

2. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Jan 18, 2004

I think you do pretty long days huh, just dont become a drug dependent truckie to do the job :lol: i dont know much about it, but im pretty sure it is good $$$$.

3. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

Kyuzo - Replied Jan 18, 2004

Kyuzo - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied Jan 18, 2004

They get to wear those hip/cool hats...

On a semi-random sidenote:
    Once this girl called me from at&t to ask me about text messaging so one of the answers was "to be hip-and cool" so then she asked me some question that you make your own answer and I was like "to be hip and cool?" she started laughing, I started being charming. I asked her where she was from turns out shes far away so I couldn't hit it, but if I'm ever in Iowa I will hit that for sure...

Holler

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. caL

caL 12oz Senior Member

caL - Replied Jan 18, 2004

you have to own a truck to make some good money. it costs alot to keep one in good condition. my dad drives a gas tanker.

caL - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

uncle-boy - Replied Jan 18, 2004

i drive a flat bed for a living and deliver steel to construction sites.
    its not the same as being a real trucker and driving a big rig but its still fun
    i just drive around, listen to the radio, plus its a good way to find new spots to hit.
    i dont got my cdl liscence yet to drive the big ass trucks, but ima get it soon.
    woop woop

7. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Jan 18, 2004

keeping a truck in good condition aint that cheap .. but then again, youd get to have a cool handle on the ol' cb radio's and wear one of those hats that everones wearing now days.

8. Don't Panic

Don't Panic 12oz Member

Don't Panic - Replied Jan 18, 2004

Name your rig "Giddy-Up, Go".

Don't Panic - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Jan 18, 2004

I used to hang out at this truck stop and shoot the shit with this old man named Mr.Pete. He told me that there really isnt that much money in trucking as there used to be. He said he used to be in a truckers union and made all the money. He said bush ruined that. Bush ruined a whole lot of things according to him. His 80 year old ass talked about killing Bil Laden with his bare hands all the time. He also said he worked with jimmy hoffa. There was this other trucker i knew, cant remember his name, but he was homeless because he blew all his money one hookers and when his wife divorced him she took everything that he had left.

So in conclusion: Truckers are the shit.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: