Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"There's still liquid in the glass Sir, I just wouldn't drink it.

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by After School Special, May 10, 2006.

1. After School Special

After School Special Banned

"There's still liquid in the glass Sir, I just wouldn't drink it."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at the graph of the president's approval ratings, I realized that I could recreate it on a wall of the gallery. I chose glass jars as they are transparent and allowed me to use the inside as well as the jar itself. The jars are filled up with water relative to his approval rating at that time as well. The clear water represents clear thinking on the part of the American public. The jar representing 9-11 is filled with pure black ink, representing the fear, anger, sadness, depression, any and all emotions felt by the world that day. As the jars go on, one less drop is put into the water until eventually the water is clear again. The result is a gradual change from black ink to clear water. This change symbolizes that as time went by, people's emotions became less clouded by rhetoric of patriotism, fear, and anger. The sculpture stops at a clear jar, at a height representing the president's current approval rating of 33 percent.

Thank you all that helped me find info.

2. King Of Hell

King Of Hell Dirty Dozen Crew

3. foodstamps

foodstamps Junior Member

I used to get sort of annoyed by overtly politically charged art, but I'm beginning to appreciate it more. This one is not too heavy handed. Well done.

4. After School Special

After School Special Banned

Thanks!

I've been trying to shy away from political art myself.

But I thought that this was ok because it isn't terribly opinionated, it's fact.

What's also kind of cool is that it isn't agressive, you need to know the story behind it to even see that it's political at all.

5. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

6. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

definitly a cool idea

7. bcde589

bcde589 Banned

8. 423894

423894 Member

here I was expecting 99 bottles.

9. efgh017

efgh017 Banned

Nice post!

Ugg Boots really give total freedom to your toes.Sounds so surprising!Fashion couldn’t go without Christian Louboutin peep toe shoes and Vibram Five Fingers shoes,which highly promote women’s chic personality and sexy,elegant glamor.If we say Jimmy Choo Shoes gives the whole romantic fantacy to girls,then Pandora Jewelry brings beauty of logic in the form of shiny links.