"There's still liquid in the glass Sir, I just wouldn't drink it.

"There's still liquid in the glass Sir, I just wouldn't drink it."

hangfar.jpg

hangside.jpg

hangclose.jpg

Looking at the graph of the president's approval ratings, I realized that I could recreate it on a wall of the gallery. I chose glass jars as they are transparent and allowed me to use the inside as well as the jar itself. The jars are filled up with water relative to his approval rating at that time as well. The clear water represents clear thinking on the part of the American public. The jar representing 9-11 is filled with pure black ink, representing the fear, anger, sadness, depression, any and all emotions felt by the world that day. As the jars go on, one less drop is put into the water until eventually the water is clear again. The result is a gradual change from black ink to clear water. This change symbolizes that as time went by, people's emotions became less clouded by rhetoric of patriotism, fear, and anger. The sculpture stops at a clear jar, at a height representing the president's current approval rating of 33 percent.

Thank you all that helped me find info.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice post!

Ugg Boots really give total freedom to your toes.Sounds so surprising!Fashion couldn’t go without Christian Louboutin peep toe shoes and Vibram Five Fingers shoes,which highly promote women’s chic personality and sexy,elegant glamor.If we say Jimmy Choo Shoes gives the whole romantic fantacy to girls,then Pandora Jewelry brings beauty of logic in the form of shiny links.