1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Shots Fired

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SPLINTER, Aug 16, 2002.

1. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

Shots Fired

Discussion started by SPLINTER - Aug 16, 2002

LA TIMES
    Anthony McCartney

A gunman opened fire in the grandstands of the Irwindale Speedway Thursday night, wounding three people, authorities said.
    The shooting at the racetrack, 13300 Live Oak Ave., occurred shortly after 10 p.m., said Los Angeles County fire dispatch supervisor Ray Dong.   

Three people, two males and a female, were taken to hospitals, the Fire Department dispatcher said. One was reported in full cardiac arrest, a second was in critical condition and the third was in serious condition. One of the victims reportedly had been shot in the back.
    Four to five people were detained for questioning, police said.
    Witness Jake Garcia, 24, said the disturbance began when someone in the bleachers threw a bottle that hit someone below. Two groups confronted each other, and one man pulled out a gun and began shooting, he said.
    Because a race was in progress on the track, "everybody thought it was a backfire," Garcia said. When they realized what had happened, the several hundred people in the stands fled for their cars, he said.
    Police and the racetrack's security officers were still questioning witnesses at midnight and had ordered everyone else to leave the speedway.
    Since last year, Irwindale Speedway has offered its eighth-mile course to would-be street rodders every Thursday night, allowing them to race their own cars against each other.
    The races, sanctioned by the National Hot Rod Assn., also are run at tracks in Fontana and Palmdale. They're intended to get hot rodders off the streets and into a controlled environment without endangering others on the street.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i was there last night. fucking cholos messing up a perfectly good night of racing and maybe even the whole race scene because they might close the only track we had. that shit about the bottles is doubt full, nobody was arguing and nothing was wrong, nobody saw no argument, at least not most people we just heard the shot, thought it was backfire and then hit the fucking ground by the second shot. fucker unloaded his gun, shot a girl for no appearant reason, and one of his homies got away. shit was fucked up. hope they lock this fucker up good, one of the victims died, i hope the other to are all right. just goes to show you that some people just dont think and they mess up good things the cops and the track try to give to the community. knowing the L.A. justice system, that fool will be out way earlier than he should be.

2. SHELLTOES

SHELLTOES 12oz Member

SHELLTOES - Replied Aug 16, 2002

people suck!

SHELLTOES - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

WALE!pd - Replied Aug 16, 2002

i think he should be stuck on a post at the end of a 1/4 and hit my a pro stock at full speed... you fuck with races you get fucked back by the races:mad:

WALE!pd - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. Grandola

Grandola 12oz Senior Member

Grandola - Replied Aug 16, 2002

i'm bullet proof

Grandola - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. dirtysicks

dirtysicks 12oz Senior Member

dirtysicks - Replied Aug 16, 2002

I live in a state that allows almost anybody to carry a weapon...........

dirtysicks - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Aug 16, 2002

That's where the Dub Empire Carshow is gonna be.
    Better take the teflon.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

SPLINTER - Replied Aug 16, 2002

pistol- just hope the shit happens, i wouldnt be suprised if they closed it down till the metal detectors get out there. good luck bro, doubt anyshit will happen but hopefully the racing will be up soon agian.

8. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Aug 16, 2002

Dub has decent security. They have those wands and shit. Plus everybody is there for the chicks.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied Aug 17, 2002

ha ha, your quote is dope

10. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

mapo wc - Replied Aug 17, 2002

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Aug 17, 2002

That's why I don't stop too watch other people rac, ijust keep on movein..it makes it harder to hit me.

12. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl 12oz Senior Member

dahighlifdhl - Replied Aug 17, 2002

dahighlifdhl - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Aug 17, 2002

^^^So Do You

14. KIND

KIND 12oz Member

KIND - Replied Aug 17, 2002

Re: Re: Shots Fired