My new sketch

Grimace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i first opened the thread thinking "this kid prolly sucks"

then i seen your pic pop up and thought "oh shit that aint bad"

then i seen the letters and was like "this kid sucks"

i dont mean it how it sounds...you dont suck, you obviously got some artistic talent and i see a potential style developing there with some posibilities, but like the guy above said, work on basic letter forms first, for this is the essence of your piece...if your base letters suck, your piece sucks..dont matter bout the arrows and the dope color schemes...make your letters your number one priority right now, worry bout the fancy shit after you got that down

ask joker, he'll tell you how it is

:yum: very tastefull..look at it like this..your good..your lettering..maybe you were trying something new with your letters or what it may be..but..other than your lettering it's butifull..i love it to tell you the truth..:king: ..but what do i know..i'm just another dimention in the croud..lol

thanks guys. Yeah thats not my norm. style, i was goin for something a little more abstract. My main focus on this pic was the overall flow. Heres a b/w pic of my normal style that i'm currently coloring. i wasn't planning on showing this untill it was done, but oh well at least you get tha idea.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00303357f00000006.jpg'>

sorry for the crappy pic + fotangos resizing.

Peace + Love

moral.koa

it seems to me like your style has no taste, no offense its just that first you have to work on style and definition before you can start thinking about color schemes, backround, depth, and perception. You have no direction and no definition and all you did was nonesensicly warp your letters around on the first one so that its just a blob of partial good color.

Originally posted by krAn°

it seems to me like your style has no taste, no offense its just that first you have to work on style and definition before you can start thinking about color schemes, backround, depth, and perception. You have no direction and no definition and all you did was nonesensicly warp your letters around on the first one so that its just a blob of partial good color.

my point exactly

To those given me props and whatnot: thanks, you guys are real chill. To everyone else whos been given me advice: thanks, im definetly hear'n you out and im gonna employ all the things you've said into future works. Basically thanks to everyone who's replyed to this (except kran hehe ;) ). Keep the words commin.

peace

moral.koa

I do like the colering on the first one. I am glad you are doing your own thing. I think that the piece could have flowed better if it was a little more stretched out. I also am not to sure about the purple drips dripping in every direction. Dont forgett that these are just my opionions. Keep it up and post more please.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

A lot of people around these parts love to jump on the "start simple" deal and say you have no letter structure right off the bat, but that's cause they're not looking too deep into that first piece. Some letters there are weak, sure, but that "M" is pure sickness. There's no way you can distort that letter so well (with the exception perhaps of the right vertical bar) without having a good understanding of the letter itself, so you obviously have some knowledge. More practice on simples won't hurt though.

Now, the second piece is way weaker. contradicting angles, incorrect proportions, distracting doodads. Keep it flowy like that first one.

Thanks very much mamerro. I'm def. gonna practice simples alot more, im starting to get a little better at them and they are something i have had alot of trouble with in the past. Just not my thing, but im starting to get it so i must be doin something right. Thanks again.

Peace

moral.koa

Archived