Mexican Funeral in Paris

THE DEVIL!

This song, by the great Shanie Mac; would make a great soundtrack for flipping through one of Giant's blackbooks.

A Mexican Funeral in Paris

By Shane MacGowan (1994)

There was Zombi, there was Chino

there was Jimmy and Chiarakaparos

We agreed to split the stuff up

At a Mexican funeral in Paris

Don Alvaro Jose Sanchez

Bathed in Holy water

Said a silent adios to his lovely daughters

To his sons and to the killers A scar, tattoo, a blood line scorned

Revenge the only game!

Father McGreer arrived with the gear

Had a chat and a bit of a smoke

He initiated me into The Church of the Holy Spook

he said "Death will follow anywhere

Until it's found its plan"

Then he laughed and waved goodbye and said

"Stay lucky while you can!"

Machine gun fire split the silent

Softness of the day

Five wetback jerks in tuxes

Got fucking blown away

I thought I was Chiarakaparos

First time I've been, maybe not the last

To a Mexican funeral in Paris

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I love Shane macgowan. I own all of his stuff from when he was in the pogues, and "the snake" and "crock of gold" from his newer 'shane mac and the popes' days. Personally, I am partial to any of his songs done with soft voiced females, the contrast between his raspy-alcoholic's voice and a soft sweet well-tuned female's voice is incredible.

Excellent. I new I'd find someone that felt the same as I on here....I mean with the eccentric tastes in music that you all have......

I saw Shane and the Popes in Montreal a few weeks ago.......best show ever. He was so drunk! I love that man.

I also just acquired a copy of "Straight to hell" a Spaghetti-Western film made back in '82 starring Joe Strummer, Dennis Hopper, Shane Macgowan & The Pouges, Courtney Love, Grace Jones......You get it...Crazy shit.

The soundtrack is fucking killer. There is a western-Mariachi-type version of the Pouges' tune "If I should Fall From Grace With God" that is absolutley bangin'. Check it out...You might find it in Napster, I ordered the CD from a record shop.........

Originally posted by THE DEVIL!:...There is a western-Mariachi-type version of the Pouges' tune "If I should Fall From Grace With God" that is absolutley bangin'. Check it out...You might find it in Napster, I ordered the CD from a record shop.........[/b]

That whole album is banging.

• 1 year later...

Archived