Ink Recipes

Guest 40ozProphet

Guest 40ozProphet

If anyone has some ink recipes,post em up on here. This is so that some people dont come on here asking everyone for ink recipes.By the way,for everyone that doesnt know,Rit does not work!It will not stain anything,dont even try it.The only way it might be used is to tint other colors.

Get as many sharpies as you think you need,in whatever color you want.

Bust em open from the back end and there will be a long piece of plastic with a spongy felt thing that holds the ink on the inside of it.Then get a bowl or a large pot,depending on how much ink you wanna make,and pour in rubbing alcohol.Then put the plastic things with the sponge stuff into the rubbing alcohol and mix it up a bunch. After it's done,take the plastic things out,and viola! Since I dont have ay rubbing alcohol around,I'm gonna try using nail polish remover...This might sound kinda toy,but I havnt taken any chemistry classes lately..Why should you add brake fluid to your ink?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 40ozProphet

Wow,thanks graffsurgeon. Next time you see someone new asking about ink recipes or how to make some kind of ink,be sure to remember this.

Originally posted by 40ozProphet

Wow,thanks graffsurgeon. Next time you see someone new asking about ink recipes or how to make some kind of ink,be sure to remember this.

yo man eat shit , if you search theres more than one thread on it , he was just trying to help you...........fooker

read the sticky threads...i could have sworn there was a giant thread on this anyways. there is probably tons. doesn't even sound like a good recipe anyways, my nut stains stay around longer than sharpie ink :crazy:

Guest 40ozProphet

Aser1ne,I dont quite see how "wow...do a search" helps me very much...I dont have and problem with you or graffsurgeon,and I've read through a lot of both of you twos posts, and there pretty useful most of the time.I wanted to actually help someone,instead of just getting people saying shit like "do a search" or "what a toy" to everything. Since everyone who is new here always gos and posts a topic about how to make KRink or asking if Rit dye works on markers. And I have read through all of the sticky threads and they dont have anything about ink recipes. And searching for something doesnt always work,since it searches for anything that has those words in it. Have you ever tried searching for ink recipes? Or how about help on making a marker. A lot of times I get topics or post because someone's name has that in it,like the person marker.

Guest 40ozProphet

Oh yeah, dai, you dont jsut use what I said. Thats a start for making some ink. There will never be a substitute for experimenting with chemicals and finding out things for yourself,thats why I didnt post the entire thing. Also,I was hoping other people would give good starts for ink recipes,instead of just coming here and dissing this thread.

• 2 years later...

its alot easier to open sharpies if you just grab the front end (uncapped) with some pliers and wiggle it around side to side. this should open it up enough that you can just pull out the top and take out the ink thing. also, this way you can just put it back on and the sharpie is as good as new

Archived