"I think therefor I am."

Kannum Playt

Credit to whoever said this cuz I forgot who did. But what does "I think therefor I am." make you think of when you hear it?

For me, I wonder what gave me this piece of mind to be able to think. I know everyone would answer this question with "God" or whoever your "supreme being" is but in order to have the ability to think, would it be possible that this "supreme being" gave us a piece of it's own mind as a foundation to build upon our own train of thought and personalities? I like Thai food.

------------------

I need a strong dose of caffeine and a dancing midget.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...and it comes from his 'meditations'

heres a link to the full text, but really you should just buy the book, be careful though its really fucking heavy, try to take a philosophy 101 if you really want to learn it...

http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/text/desca...d.htm#prefatory

edit for the right link, should work now....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 07-18-2001).]

"Credit to whoever said this cuz I forgot who did..."

...like i said descartes, jesus, im trying to remind you and to spread knowledge, not fucking show off or make you feel dumb, what if someone heard but didnt know, and wanted to know?...and if youre gonna quote someone give the credit where its due...research is a dying breed...and yes you are a devine piece of the cosmos and at the same time a creation of chaos and evolution, aint the duality of life grand?.....r

edit for one last thought:

if you wanna take a superficial skimming of something and try to make it deep then go ahead, but if you really wanna have soemthing read it first, cause thats what the 'meditations' are about...its not about just about the fucking sound byte!

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 07-18-2001).]

Archived