Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

GnR to look for new singer

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by swif1, Feb 10, 2003.

1. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

i just saw it on headline news.

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Google News!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsartic...e.asp?nid=17512

Gn'R Tryouts Get Real on VH1

Rockers document the search for a singer to replace Rose

So you wanna be a rock & roll and TV star? The former members of Guns n' Roses might just have a job for you. Guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and newcomer guitarist Dave Cushner are holding tryouts in Los Angeles to replace Axl Rose -- who splintered the original combo in the Nineties -- and VH1 is filming the proceedings for a new show.
    "I was on my way to rehearsal and thinking about all these reality shows," says Slash. "I thought, 'You know what would be fucking cool? To show a band as it goes through all this bullshit.'"

The band had placed ads in everything from local circulars to Rolling Stone, reading, according to Slash, "Unnamed artist looking for singer-songwriter somewhere in the realm of early Alice Cooper/Steve Tyler, the harder-edged side of McCartney and Lennon."

"We were getting between 200 and 300 CDs a week," Slash says. "We listened to every single one of them. You have to, because you never know. That one that you throw away could be the shit."

In all, more than 500 singers sent demos, and the band has so far auditioned about fifteen of them. Only one finalist, former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach, knew the band beforehand, but he doesn't necessarily have the inside track. "He's busy on Broadway, isn't he?" jokes Sorum. "Seriously, we haven't found the one yet."

"I absolutely love [Sebastian]," says McKagan. "He's amazing, but we've just got to be really careful with who's going to front this thing."

"This thing" started when Sorum asked Slash and McKagan to join him in a tribute performance for late Ozzy Osbourne drummer Randy Castillo last spring. It was awesome," Sorum told Rolling Stone. "We sort of looked at each other after that and said let's try and make something work." The three then spent the summer writing songs with a fellow Guns alumnus, guitarist Izzy Stradlin.

"We've written over fifty songs," McKagan says. "There are twelve great songs in there."

McKagan, Sorum and Slash road tested their reunion last month at the Sundance Film Festival, backing actress Gina Gershon and Waylon Jennings' son Shooter through a set of covers and old Gn'R material -- including a rip through "Paradise City" to close the night. The three looked fresh and ready to rock again. And they'd be lying if they said Axl Rose's recent misadventures with a band he's still calling Guns n' Roses weren't motivation.

"When we saw what Axl was doing with his band, we decided there was nothing standing in our way," Sorum says. "We had to take some years to heal from what happened. It was crazy. We're a little older, a little wiser, but we've still got the rock & roll in us. We're ready. We're going to make a rock & roll album."

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Like Axl's blasphemous reincarnation or the other guys?

*OK now you post that.......

4. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

5. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

HOLLYWOOD.. HERE I COME!

6. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

fuck man, they were so fucking good. nothing beats in my opinion, apatite for destruction...

fuck axle for being a lazy fuck.

7. landofdalost

landofdalost Guest

hmmm

buckethead is an animal....but axle is all wacked out now a days
    rip gNr

8. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

Thier nothing with out Axle.

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Re: hmmm

10. When

When 12oz Loyalist

slash is the man
    axl is just a bitchy little kid

11. 455

455 Guest

Sebastain Bach?.....hahaha......"we are the youth gone wild......ohhhhhh..oooowwaaa.ohhhhhh..."....hahaha.lol.no way.

12. When

When 12oz Loyalist

bach is also a little bitch, i was watching something about him on vh1

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

wait a second....

the last thing I heard was that Axl was the last original member of GNR.
    I heard that everyone else was so pissed off that they left.

14. kan

kan New Jack

AXL LEFT THEN STARTED GNR WITH ALL NRW GUYS SLASHAND ALL THE OTHER ORIGINAL MEMBERS ARE STARTIN A GNR WITH JUST A NEW SINGER