Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ever have to compose a budget?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boogie hands, Jan 7, 2005.

1. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

this is by far the most ridiculous thing ever. im pretty much sitting here in the office coming up with spread sheet after spread sheet of bullshit which will somehow gauge my performance here at work for the next 12 months. my CFO explained that "this is an effective way to see where we are falling short". oh word? so pretty much if just punch in $1 into excel ill look like the business worlds jesus for the next year...thats hot. i may as well...essentially a budget is a wild ass guess formulated by the numbers from a previous year which have so many variables that they arent even relevant. "well...im thinking august will be up 30% because we wont have a massive hurricane hit our area during the prime business season and that one client we had last december...yeah, i kind of crop dusted him on my way to get coffee during our last meeting...sorry, looks like we will be down 14% that month. i shouldnt have eaten so much cassoulet...i know"

they say meetings are death of business....ill plop that crown on to the head of budgets.

on an upside this is so much cooler than going to dinner with my really cute lady friend who just called me....no wait...it isn't

im going to be pissed of in a porche boxster when im 30

2. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

:huh2: wait, this isn't a poll...

3. FunktionOne

FunktionOne Member

wait, so what's a budget again?

..crop dusted..coffee.eh..business jesus...hm
    this corporate talk just ain't for me

4. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

corporate america sucks. its even worse when you got a bunch of older people trying to be "young, hip and funny" at the same time.

thats what i deal with all day.

although i still love my job, i hate the shit ill have to do in a few years when im in the upper levels of the company.

5. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

So you're an accountant?

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned