ever have to compose a budget?

boogie hands

this is by far the most ridiculous thing ever. im pretty much sitting here in the office coming up with spread sheet after spread sheet of bullshit which will somehow gauge my performance here at work for the next 12 months. my CFO explained that "this is an effective way to see where we are falling short". oh word? so pretty much if just punch in $1 into excel ill look like the business worlds jesus for the next year...thats hot. i may as well...essentially a budget is a wild ass guess formulated by the numbers from a previous year which have so many variables that they arent even relevant. "well...im thinking august will be up 30% because we wont have a massive hurricane hit our area during the prime business season and that one client we had last december...yeah, i kind of crop dusted him on my way to get coffee during our last meeting...sorry, looks like we will be down 14% that month. i shouldnt have eaten so much cassoulet...i know"

they say meetings are death of business....ill plop that crown on to the head of budgets.

on an upside this is so much cooler than going to dinner with my really cute lady friend who just called me....no wait...it isn't

im going to be pissed of in a porche boxster when im 30

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

corporate america sucks. its even worse when you got a bunch of older people trying to be "young, hip and funny" at the same time.

thats what i deal with all day.

although i still love my job, i hate the shit ill have to do in a few years when im in the upper levels of the company.

Archived