Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Asian Sitcoms

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Kr430n5_666, May 9, 2002.

1. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

we have black sitcoms. we have white sitcoms. we do not have any asian sitcoms (unless i missed out on something?).

i only watch tv when i end up staying inside all day long and the computer becomes the most aggrivating thing on earth (besides lady robots trying to molest everyones gay children)...and what i have noticed is that you get to learn a little bit from sitcoms.

i would like to learn more about asian homelife in america....and i dont want some fucking americanized shit either. i dont want to see a house of asian people wearing all this fucking american shit..i want them to use their own style. i dont want to watch some asian folks speaking perfect english...like...not even showing their roots. black sitcoms usually use their regualr talk...you know...the intonation and shit like that. so i feel it would be a great thing to see an asian sitcom. why one doesn't exist to this day makes me want to smash a unicorn over the head with the largest cell phone i can find.

knowing america...and what it i$ like today, thi$ wont exi$t. unless they tossed in a million ads for all these big companies and all this shit. fucking world.

dance like a popsicle salesman.

i have had it.

2. 23578

23578 Elite Member

sorry k it won't happen, it's not that what you said wouldn't have a place, i just don't think the asians will fall for it. i think they look at their english intonation differently than blacks, mexicans, it's not a style, it's something to be fixed, you know, a problem. besides real asians are all about being bilingual, so an asian sitcom would have to be subtitled or overdubbed when they are getting stylie.

on a side note, i heard on npr the other day about rev. moon, down there, settin up shop in paraguay. he's got this one guy, a polish dude, who speeks with the most blatant asian accent i've ever heard, and being i was listening to it on the radio, they felt the need to put into words that he talks like an asian, but was in fact polish. weird.

3. KIND

KIND Member

a sitcom isnt the only way to learn...get an asian friend or something..

4. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

what happened to that all american girl show?

the one with the crazy japanese girl and her father was the principle from family matters?

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

There was that Margaret Cho one. But no one watched it.

6. platapie

platapie Guest

i was just thinkign about that.

get a asian freind.muahahahaa. thats just funny

7. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

no shit it is not the only way to learn.

i have some asian friends, but i wouldn't hang with the ones i know because they dont share enough similar interests as me. if i knew of an asian kid who had the same interests as me and proved that i could actually hang with him/her outside of school then woo hoo knowledge learned...but i havent one such a person at this moment.

look i know dam right that tv is not a good learning source..i am well aware of this...but i tihnk it would be interesting to see an asian sitcom on tv. that is all.

8. 23578

23578 Elite Member

magnum, now there was a multicultural show, watched the reruns for years. i think it could work, i mean focus around the dinner table and shit, have these big tense moments between parents and the teenage children, fast time blank out during homework/housework time, and then only the loose time with parents and parents' friends, or children/childrens' friends. maybe a little dualism with either mom or dad and the kids, there could be a show there.

no one would really want to watch this shit, i mean asians have to be the most repressed race in the country, or maybe the jews, or the amish. an amish sitcom i could watch, bunch of amish quoting bible stories and having funny old testament names and shit. great shit for mom too, remember how much she loved witness with harrison ford?

9. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

Did'nt alot of the Asian groups tear "All American Girl" apart.Half the cast members or something were'nt Korean.Then they made Cho go on a diet or something because she looked too Asian.

PB&JNOAM<~

10. fizm

fizm Member

that was really stupid. don't talk anymore.

we're talking about asian-americans, not asians. that's the biggest problem facing the asian american community is people expecting them to have severe accents and be otherwise stereotypically foreign. i'm trying to find an appropriate article about how asian people will be the last to be fully accepted as american.

white people won't buy asian comedy unless it's a bunch of fobs doing ridiculous shit, just like white people buy rap because it's thugs being as black as possible.

i say give bobby lee his own show, that kid cracks my shit up.

oh, and margaret cho is korean, not japanese.

read some articles from http://www.iistix.com
    http://iistix.com/_innerchamber/whereareyoufrom.html

11. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

12. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

13. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

14. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

15. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest