Alone in the WILDERNESS

CRAMPS

I just finneshed watching this documentary about this man named Richard Proenneke age 51, who in some time in the mid 60s, moved to butfuck nowhere Alaska (some place called twin lakes) and built a cabbin there from scratch. He stayed in some other dudes cabbin across the lake while he and a bag full of tool heads(yes only tool heads, because he makes the handles out of wood later) pics the best spot on the lake, and starts a foundation. So the guy brings a journal, and a video camera to document the building of his cabbin and his adventures on twin lakes, this has to be the most hard core shit I have ever seen! So in about two months, he builds this huge cabbin with EVERYTHING, windows, stove, bathroom, bed, kitchen, fireplace,doors, the works...and all from wood. from the hinges on the door to spoons to the LOCKS on the door, this man is a craftman genious. and somehow has time to explore the moutains and complete this cabbin all by himself.....what the shit?

after he finnishes his cabbin winter sets in and he....he goes out to explore some more in 8 feet of snow and the temp is -50. He kills mooses, hangs out with a wolverien, and most likely..talks to himself.

winter goes and the year to himself has ended.(this was all a test, to see if he could last by himself for a year) and he likes it sooo mutch...he stays there for 30 MORE YEARS ALONE!!!! Rich came back to the states in 1998 at the ripe old age of like 80 something...30 fucking years all alone in alaska!...

So I give Richard Proenneke the

ABSOLUTE UTTER GRIZZLED BAD ASS OF THE PAST 4 DECADES AWARD!

he wrote about it all in his book with pictures he took called "ONE MAN'S WILDERNESS" or you can watch it all with great naration in the video "ALONE IN THE WILDERNESS"

highly sugested.

I feel like sutch a pussy now. Time to go build a cabbin!http://www.alaskanha.org/cw2/assets/product_full/alone_in_wilderness_lg.jpg'>

http://www.windsongwildernessretreat.com/images/492_windsong_8.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

i haven't done 30 years but i did a month on an island in maine w/ some creature comforts.

IT FUCKING SUCKED DICK!

no girls, booze went quick, food sucked, no one to talk to. the only cool part was watching my dog have the best time of her life...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^^That's a picture of one of the most esteemed members of this board.

Camping crushes shit, but wilding it out in Maine/Alaska/anywhere that's cold as shit sucks instant balls.

Sounds pretty nice actually. Get away from all this bullshit. Very clean and natural. That is some of the purest land left on earth, abundant with resources. I was thinking about the monk thing for a while. Eh, I dunno what to do.

that is awesome.

If i wasn't such a city slicker i would try it.

I worked with a guy who did almost the same thing:

lived in a deserted log cabin on his own for a year, strictly living off the land.

I would love to do it....but i know i couldn't last.

I will rent the movie now, thank you.:)

Archived