R&D Cool Tech and other Related Stuff

ndv

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 minutes ago, ndv said:

@KILZ FILLZ So I take it, one can also use this device as a reverse engineering tool?   The tool itself for inspection is pretty cool.  I'm gonna pass this on to someone.  

Great post!

Yeah that’s correct. Can be used for reverse Eng,  making models to scale, verifying alignment, etc 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Smart phones to help the US Army locate hostile drones

Marie Donlon | October 06, 2023

An app for detecting potentially hostile drones has been developed for the U.S. Army.

The CARPE Dronvm is an app that can be used to identify drones as well as alert authorities of their location. Task Force 39, an arm of the U.S. Army designed to counter the threat of hostile drones to soldiers serving in the Middle East where they have come under repeated drone attacks, recently tested the app.

Fig2.png

The app — which was developed by the MITRE Corporation with funding from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) — enables users to capture photographs of unfamiliar drones. Once captured, the images can be sent to a so-called “processing engine” to determine if a drone is pictured and where it is located by geo-locating it on a situational awareness map at the command center. Once located, nearby CARPE Dronvm users are sent an alert about the drone.

According to its developers, CARPE Dronvm relies on the global network of smartphones currently in existence — of which there is an estimated 5.2 billion worldwide — and that feature both cameras and internet connectivity, turning every smartphone into a networked sensor and, subsequently, a potential drone detector.

CARPE Dronvm will soon be available for iOS and Android operating systems.

43 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

had a drone flying over me a couple days ago, swear it was following me, just hovering above..wasn't mad, though, probably just someone people-watching and having fun w/ their hardware.

i stopped, pulled my camera out to zoom in and get a photo of it(return the spying favor lol), and that's when it decided to change course and turn back lol 

Sounds like neighbor having fun.  But to a certain extent, I kinda feel like some of these drone hobbiest invade people's privacy.  This is why a jammer is needed from time to time.

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

2hr battery life, thats kinda low, but maybe not for a cat and mouse game.  I didn't see a price so I am taking it, the company doesn't sell for civilian use.  Perhaps fcc laws prevent that?  

Pretty cool looking jammer though. 

• Props 1

• 1 month later...