INDIANA

/\/uehs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1.jpg

Demk

2.jpg

Fuse and Pasiv R.I.P tags rollin on the mainline

3.jpg

Fuse

4.jpg

Fuse

5.jpg

Faro by Sez42

6.jpg

Stun in Indy

7.jpg

Bizar

8.jpg

Devor in Indy

9.jpg

Stun and Devi in Indy (the first production on the tent wall featured in 12oz Prophet magazine)

10.jpg

Shore and Dem (the first production on the tent wall featured in 12oz Prophet magazine)

11.jpg

Kelzo and character by Stun (the first production on the tent wall featured in 12oz Prophet magazine)

12.jpg

Mane R.I.P. (the first production on the tent wall featured in 12oz Prophet magazine)

13.jpg

Demo

14.jpg

Shore

15.jpg

Demo

16.jpg

Demo and Arest

17.jpg

Sez42

18.jpg

Mut

19.jpg

Ill Stuff by Fuse

20.jpg

Demo

"when was the Demo up there?"

great question.

The Demo was there from around the first time that anyone had permission to legally paint at that spot (96-97)

Demo and Shore got permission to paint the American Tent wall in the first place (96-97).

Those little window boxes were all HFX Crew

Shore, Demo, Baks.

There are one or two people who look at this forum who would know better than me.. but HFX was (to my knowledge) the first crew to do pieces and productions in Indianapolis on a regular basis. Shore and Demo started HFX (i think) but Baks, Fuse, 6Cents, Mut, and some others were involved with the crew in a major way. Some of the guys in HFX went on to form NUA, some of them went on to form IWS. Some guys were in both of those crews at that same time even.

O wow, yeah im not a local, got family on the south side and I havent been back there since I took those pics. So I dont know the history. A lot of the people who painted over there I was told were chicago-nians.

I was also wondering if there is any pics of DRAT floating around. I remember my first trip out there I would see his throws and straights EVERYWHERE. Then my next trip back I was told he got locked up... any1 got pics, or maybe the archive of this thread has some?

Oh, and I just searched the tent wall and found this little gallery of whats on it now...

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/electrasteph/sets/72157607453539898/

I am kinda dissapointed whats on this wall now. That wildstyle burner that was behind the razprwire that I got a poor flick of is gone. It was super inspirational to me when I started truly writing. I think whats on those walls now lacks that amazing graffiti vibe that it once had. Im sure whatever was on their originally was the best, but the quality of work on there now has gone waaay down... its unfortunate to see amazing art covered by not so amazing art

I was also wondering if there is any pics of DRAT floating around. I remember my first trip out there I would see his throws and straights EVERYWHERE. Then my next trip back I was told he got locked up... any1 got pics, or maybe the archive of this thread has some?

^^^bump this, im tryina see some pics if they out there...

@illskillet is there any photos?

DVC00100.jpg

DVC00101.jpg

DVC00102.jpg

DVC00126.jpg

took this pic from across the street, Idk if the graff on the other side is legal or not, but there was some burners on the building over there too

DVC00135.jpg

1.jpg

Zion rooftop at the old drake factory near Broad Ripple

2.jpg

Shore inside the drake

3.jpg

Demo, Eros, and Shore spotted in Maine

4.jpg

First production on the american tent wall

5.jpg

Shore on the american tent wall

6.jpg

Bboy by Rok and Jinx and Shore with Rok, Jinx, Mane R.I.P., and Demo across from the old drake factory

7.jpg

First production on the american tent wall

8.jpg

Demo, Un1, and Shore rollin

9.jpg

character by Eros

10.jpg

Dem and Sez42

11.jpg

Mane R.I.P. in Indianapolis at the old drake factory

12.jpg

paint stash with the older krylons, american accents, and rustos

13.jpg

Shore

14.jpg

Shore, Demo, TFD by Rok and Jinx spotted in St. Louis (first pieces at the now defunct blue wall spot)

15.jpg

Shore and Sufr x2

16.jpg

Real13, Keas over Baks, Shore, Demo, Sez42 spotted in Atlanta

17.jpg

Shore

18.jpg

Kaos

19.jpg

Pn by Plan

20.jpg

MTK by Grock at older Subsurface in Broad Ripple

90's Indy flicks are the best. I love seeing those old Shores, Demos and Creeps. Those were the styles I was seeing in the very beginning. Slope and Tokeo MUL were crazy influential too, but both were from other cities.

I think the art on the Tent wall ebbs and flows. Just as you don't like what is on there now, you may love it on your next trip...