New Bedford, Ma. 508 for fame

Dare

ok If I miss anybody please forgive me. I also have some flix to dig through and I'll try keeping this N.B. Thread Alive.

1970 -

DUKE is the man how pissed off the police by writting "Lester Lives" on the south end police station shortly after the black panther riots. Lester Lives, Referring to Lester Lema, a 17 year old who was shot to death by three whites on Cottage and Kempton st. during a police barricade to keep blacks and latinos from leaving the west end. the death of Lester Lema was the boiling point that sparked it all.

1970 - 1975: DUKE, BLACK, DON, DIZZ and JOJO

1976 - 1979: KONG, VIC, DZ178 (who also wrote MASSIAH in the 80's), KEV, BLADEZ, TITO, ACE, CHAZ, HERSHEY, and CHASE.

1979 - 1985: TAZ, ANGEL, TOYS, WISE, DEF1, SPY2, SIRE, TAP, SANE, CIZAR, CRAVE, PERF, JUJU,

CHAKIE

1986 - 1990 BASE, HASH, TOMB, ATSET, BASH, SERGE, EDEN, EMOS and all you younger catz from this time frame and beyond can name the rest. please feel free to respond, I'd like to hear from the younger generation so I can catch up with whats going in the N.B. Scene today , Peace.

I will be posting some pictures soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I forgot Biz the undisputed king of bombing in N.B. in the late 80's,then Anoy had shit on lock until the mid 90's,can't forget Turn,Zelot,,Duns,Hustle,Went,Zone ALA been up in NB for years,Wizart also spent a lot of time in New B ,a lot of other dudes like Deny,Stare,Dask,Rens,and that ain't even counting all the kids out now.

I know Biz personally, he was a straight up hustler / street rebel not really a writer, someone lol put a spray can in his hand and he locked down the whole city in one night, and took it from there. he was crazy like that. kool brother though if you know him.:lol:

Lester Lema Piece by DUKE 1970 Cottage & Kempton (This is where the town houses are now)

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag57/dare61/old%20school%20NB%20writers/lester_zpsec66e34f.jpg

1979 or 80 JOJO tag to the right DZ178 top center. Green School, Purchase & Madison ( DZ178 introduced N.B. to the fat cap & Style. New York Conection )

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag57/dare61/old%20school%20NB%20writers/DZJoJo_zps7dacbc29.jpg

TOYS 1983 ( Old Voc Ash & Hillman )

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag57/dare61/old%20school%20NB%20writers/toys_zps107d0859.jpg

Wise 1984 ( Old Voc Maxfield & Shawmut )

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag57/dare61/old%20school%20NB%20writers/wise_zpsc5a03603.jpg

I have alot more and I'm Still hunting around. I'll Be Back.

Stay Up

• Like 1

Oh shit that Wise joint just took me back,do yo have the Tisa(Tap)-Spy from the same spot or the SA piece that was on the hillman st. side?...or any flicks from the midcity wall?(I remember

a green piece that said Burr?),all old NB graffiti flicks are appreciated,I got some dope shit on my Flickr but its not lettin me post anymore...

That Tisa(Tap)-Spy piece went over Toy's piece, I remember that it stretched have way up the block. B Boys had shoe laces running on the side walk. definetly fly.

Thats one picture I'm hunting for. I just got to run into the right cat for that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone on here has any pics of Scum Hall or the TalleyRand building (in the back of the Industrial park in N.B.) please post them up. I would love to see anything from back then actually, most of the younger kids have no idea how ridiculously dope both those spots were in the 90's. The inside of the Fort had some good shit too before they built the sewage plant and the park around it..

That was the first piece I ever saw in NB. I use to live behind the south end police station. Every kid around my block would make a detour down water st just to see that piece every day, on the way to school. Thats the piece that got me started. any pictures of the ACE and DZ178 piece on the route 18 over pass by ben rose ? that was done around 85 and was up until about 1990 when they washed it off. Classic.

Taz, angel, never got up that much but every piece they did was fly, even there tags, they were the first to hit up the bus terminal when they first built it. same goes for Spy RIP, didn't know he passed until I saw this.

DZ178 and ACE lit up the south end.