Wikileaks "Kabul War Diary"

WorldBench

The WikiLeaks founders seems like a giant douchebag. I was put off by his responses to the controversy in the aftermath of the document leak. Seems arrogant & smug, and seems to laugh at people's concerns.

On the other hand, how "sensitive" could this info be since every member of the US military had access to these SITREPS through computers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^ I agree.

Most of the information is typically classified on the basis of the threat or damage posed to national security if it was to be released.

What was released is not typically of major strategic importance such that it will affect future operations.

Is the release of all this information just a ploy to get more notoriety for WikiLeaks and Assange?

Surely they know this information is unlikely to change the course of the war, US or NATO actions?

And you could probably argue it is not for general public consumption anyway. I know they're all about freedom of press and whatnot, but I don't know what they're trying to achieve.

Some of my mates are suggesting that Mr. Assange is about money and always was.

That's their opinion rather than anything else, though.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch of the imagination to one day down the track see some returned soldier put a hole in him for one reason or another. I mean I can see the rationale behind releasing the Iraqi chopper footage but this stuff? I can't see it addressing any political concerns (unless he wanted to pressure Pakistan or make out that US policy was a blunder, and if so he failed miserably) nor can I see this addressing any humanitarian concerns.

Looks like a PR campaign to me.