WCA Crew

escapeMELB

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess jump in on this sillyness, but all the aussie writers i've talked to use belton and montana. in the states its not very economical to buy this paint. its simply harder for us to fill in a piece with krylon, which is very thin paint, and also to get decent can control with rusto. so yes, you guys do have an advantage with "tailored paint"

lets get this straight..Krylon Sucks. I use Krylon cause i have a spot out ther where i can rack 2 or 3 cans at a time. and its good to crack an outline or lay down a base coat for a piece and it dries quick enough to go over it with the real paint...the rustoleum.

most people i know who use krylon are people who paint murals or legal walls. or people who can rack it. it is thin but there are a couple of colors that are thick enough to use on steel. but it usually takes me 2 cans of krylon to do the job of a half a can of rustoleum. i never used that belton or montana, because every time i see it its like over 5 dollars a can, and then you have to send away for it. unless i can go into a store and pay less than 5 dollars for it, or better yet get the 5 finger discount, then ill probably never use it.

as far as can control with rusto well i guess thats something that only comes with experience* ive been using rusto since there was a little scottish man on the can and i still find myself fighting with it sometimes.

its not toy friendly paint for sure.

agreed, but dont confuse a 'king' with being a decent writer.

just because someone has skill dosent make him a king...while most will not agree, in the most technical sense, Cap MPC was a king....he never did pieces but he was up..a lot. seen was also a king because he did great pieces and he did a lot of them. IZ the Wiz is the all time KING because he is still killing shit. so while it is not really about what brand of paint you use but how much you kill shit that makes you a king. having skills just means you have skills.

Guest ego trippin

poor suckers

i pity you guys not being able to use krylons on steel. in my experience, krylons are one of the best cans to use for fills on panels, dulux and molotow also being sick. Normal beltons, i.e. hit colours, rals etc, don't cover for shit on our trains, they're even shit for outlines. and rustos? don't even go there. they're fine for fills, but don't even think about using them for outline or band

depends what rals you talking about

ive used a few diff colour ral's and oxygens! but it just depends on which ones you strike your luck upon.

as for rustos .. those things are so nice its a pity i cant get my hands on them anymore... back in the da hub days.. 5 bucks a can was very VERY sweet :dazed:

if you see redorange ral, or a light kiwi oxygen... spit on it and make a 2 m circle around :D ... worst shit ive used even on a nicely legal whitewashed wall

as for others:

violet - oxygen i think it is, its pretty good

pastel petroleum - oxygen.. also good

blackberry..

few others i cant remember but with ral's id say stick to greens and some blues... lighter colours are a no no

oh ps. night blue ral isnt good either.. dont be fooled ;)

Originally posted by Average White Railfan

agreed, but dont confuse a 'king' with being a decent writer.

i was trying to make a point. you are reading a little too far into it.

you give a toy a bunch of montanas and he's still gunna do a shitty piece. it's not about the paint you use.

Guest ego trippin

pronto?

hey....was pronto/pnoism/prsky ever in wca????

i dont think he was, but i just wanna make sure.

ne1 know y he wasn't in it.....the guy was a fuckin burner......

his pieces still stand down the end of the broady line.

i never hear much about that guy in here

Guest killdsg

WCA nerds

real writers know, WCA are a bunch of 50 year old nerds, haven't painted trains propally for years whilst real old school heads like Saipan got panels day in day out and insides on every car. TRUE KING right there. WCA are legal fags, don't get sucked in, Melbourne train writers know the score. Exception to Media who still has some balls to paint steel.

Re: WCA nerds

Originally posted by killdsg

real writers know, WCA are a bunch of 50 year old nerds, haven't painted trains propally for years whilst real old school heads like Saipan got panels day in day out and insides on every car. TRUE KING right there. WCA are legal fags, don't get sucked in, Melbourne train writers know the score. Exception to Media who still has some balls to paint steel.

http://freephoto-i.net/users/ivos/wca_wca_01.JPG'>

re:wca nerds

hey "killdsg" before you run your mouth about wca lets see how many panels youve done.action talks louder than words.and another thing wca dont paint for you or to try and stay kings.Kings are something little fags label up writers,they love the art just as much as back in the day.And still have got something called dedication, so to call them 50 year old nerds, i dont know anyone in wca who is 50 anyway, or a nerd for that fact, is a crock of shit! and what about the pic password? posted??? wwwhaaaaattt

Internet shit talking wankers piss me off

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

uh...you have to post the photo from somewhere on the internet, not your desktop. and instead of posting 10 fuck-ups, use the edit button. it's there for a reason.

why should i post a pic up here if its already on the net? i wanna put pics from my own collection that maybe some people havent seen:king:

Guest ctsaRgay
Originally posted by asasn

why should i post a pic up here if its already on the net? i wanna put pics from my own collection that maybe some people havent seen:king:

when you write a message there will be some buttons underneath the faces

underneath the size dropdown button is img click on that

it has to be a html adress like http://www.something.com/pics/picture.jpg

if you already know this then dont get offended i'm not calling you stupid...

and you will have to find a site that hosts photo's as well

Archived