Short Post - West Coast

holy roller.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

whole car shots are great if you're looking to tell a story about the train. documenting the marks, the makers flag, its weathering, whos decided to sign it. often you can get a good idea of the age of the car, if not by dated graffiti than by repairs, rust, water damage and stamps. exploring the intricacies in a photograph and up close and personal is one of the coolest things about traincars...

...that both sides thread is awesome for that because its the absolute "whole story"(other than what lies under layers of paint). every dog out there thats marked its territory gets some shine. its not up to chance whether one is benching the right or left side of a string. nice to know some people are putting in effort like that to document this shit...

..BUT, sometimes its really nice to see a variety of shots that focus on different aspects of a car. you can get a feel for the intention of the photographer. what was intended to be captured vs. what was not intended to be captured. angles, lighting, timing, documenting this shit is an art in itself. respect to anyone putting in effort. and one way or another whether youre putting in a ton of time and thought shooting the rails, or you got lucky and caught a string at an intersection with your cell its all part of the culture. whether you give a shit or not. if youre reading this, if you looked at the pictures above youre part of it.....somehow.thanks.

• Like 1

I try to keep my shit pretty organized. on my photostream I put all the car numbers and if I do end up getting both sides I put them together. I like doing wholeshots because if I was zooming in an out on every car rolling by I would miss a ton of shots. The way I do it my focal point stays basically the same for a whole string. Then I book ass to the next spot on the other side.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...