poison ivy is fucking weak son

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is PI anyway? We don't have it in Australia, we have Gympie Bush

131285155_d466cc0d5b.jpg

I don't know if it's worse than PI but its effects can last for life on some people. I knew a guy who'd been hit on the underside of his arm like 15 years ago and it still stung every time he took a shower, no matter what temperature.

Here's some excerpts from Nat. Geo about it:

One of the world’s most venomous plants, the Gympie-Gympie stinging tree can cause months of excruciating pain for unsuspecting humans.

Even protective particle masks and welding gloves could not spare her

“Being stung is the worst kind of pain you can imagine; like being burnt with hot acid and electrocuted at the same time,”

“The allergic reaction developed over time, causing extreme itching and huge hives that eventually required steroid treatment.

his packhorse “was stung, got mad, and died within two hours”

“I remember it feeling like there were giant hands trying to squash my chest,” he said. “For two or three days the pain was almost unbearable; I couldn’t work or sleep, then it was pretty bad pain for another fortnight or so. The stinging persisted for two years and recurred every time I had a cold shower.”

When I was working up north a I knew of a US marine who used it to wipe his arse, because it looks all soft and furry. He died of of shock because the pain is so severe.

Once again, Australia tougher than the US.

Now I got me all reading about this shit....

Tiny silica hairs cover the fruit, stems, and leaves of the various species of stinging trees and shrubs located in the rain forests of Southeast Queensland, Australia. Upon contact, the tips of these tiny tubes break off, and a bulb located at the base of the nettle releases neurotoxins, literally pumping them into the skin. Acetylcholine, Histamine, and Serotonin (5-Hydroxytriptamine) are known components of the neurotoxins.

The silicon hairs are so tiny that, once the hairs are embedded in the body, the skin can quickly close over them.

There is one report of a military officer actually shooting himself to try to end the pain. Another individual needed to be restrained in bed for three weeks.

stinging-tree-needle.jpg