The New Orleans thread.....

DocOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The thread was deleted because the people are trying to use it against y'all. 12 oz has your back, and deleted it.. let this thread die, its not a safe place for idiots*

*if you have to ask, it applies to YOU!

Am I an idiot?

its funny to me that a city that didnt care about itself enough to prepare for a big hurricane that it knew was inevitable takes the time to give a fuck about kids writing on shit. seems like the powers that be have some backwards priorities.

/no hate on N.O. just saying.

that's a really ignorant comment....

not to even get into it...much of the city was prepared...as far as infrastructure is concerned you can't really hold an entire city liable due to bureaucracy through legislature and a struggling economy.

the "kids" writing on shit..many have seen devastation and witnessed loss that you may never be able to comprehend...Yet you come on here to judge the character of these people?

that's like saying...yeah after 9/11 happened no one cared about the city but man did they sure sell a lot of knockoff hand bags and well...i can't believe they just went on writing graffiti after something so tragic!

don't be a fool.

not to even get into it...much of the city was prepared...as far as infrastructure is concerned you can't really hold an entire city liable due to bureaucracy through legislature and a struggling economy.

the "kids" writing on shit..many have seen devastation and witnessed loss that you may never be able to comprehend...Yet you come on here to judge the character of these people?

that's like saying...yeah after 9/11 happened no one cared about the city but man did they sure sell a lot of knockoff hand bags and well...i can't believe they just went on writing graffiti after something so tragic!

don't be a fool.

word

its funny to me that a city that didnt care about itself enough to prepare for a big hurricane that it knew was inevitable takes the time to give a fuck about kids writing on shit. seems like the powers that be have some backwards priorities.

/no hate on N.O. just saying.

First time I read that, you came across as a dick. Second time it made sense, I see where youre comin from. Its pretty fucked up that new orleans is so quick with the buff, lightning fast in some places. yet the murder rate, crime rate, drop out rate, homeless, all that shit- just seems to get the cold shoulder. Im born and raised here and I can tell you we have some fucked up priorities, and after katrina the rest of the country got to find out just how fucked up those priorities really are. Its really unfortunate how the rest of the country sees us now. But fwiw, watch the tone if youre gonna post like that in this thread. Alot of us stayed for that storm and some of us are still pretty fucked up from it. This thread needs more flics.

all seen in the old thread but just to contribute

P1010152copy.jpg

P1010145copy.jpg

P1010157.jpg

and of course obligatory, the pic I took of NOPDs finest, hard at work.

sleepycops.jpg

• Like 1

don't be a fool.

I dont think he was talking about people still painting after a tragedy, but that they would rather catch a vandal than clean up the city and get it back in order.

no they wouldn't...the city rarely buffs graffiti ...it's one guy...

not to mention it's statistically proven that areas with graffiti have higher crime rates.

the city does what it can to stop you...and you ignore it...and move on..and they want you apprehended...and sometimes you are...and that's kind of how it works...

and as far as cleaning up the city and getting things in order...that falls right in step with bureaucracy and catching a vandal....

to the majority, kids out there doing graffiti aren't creating some beautiful piece of art...

stop acting like graffiti writers are some oppressed artists...it's illegal..and awesome.

I dont think he was talking about people still painting after a tragedy, but that they would rather catch a vandal than clean up the city and get it back in order.

this is more along the lines of what i was saying, i wasn't trying to be insensitive to what happened at all. apologies if thats how what i said was taken. i lived in atlanta when katrina happened and came down to nola a few weeks after to do what i could for friends that lived there when it went down. it just struck me as odd that the old thread was deleted because of legal shit, just felt like city resources could be used on things a little more pertinent to rebuilding a city that still looks like a hurricane just happened almost 4 years later. but like i said, not trying to judge anyone on here or that lives in the city, it just seems like the city officials have backwards priorities.

on another note, wear's some snake flicks?