N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
JIGGA WA? im jus sayin all the lil niggas wana chat on the fb and play xbox all day.

The discipline and desire to really sit the fuck down and study the craft of graffiti eludes alot of kids.

80s alot more teenagers were burning. Now niggas can barely do throwups. Too many distractions to the point its reshaping minds in my opinion. double edged sword.

also i dont know that you can speak for the intentions of past generations based off of "strong graffiti books".

( "" )lol the literary knife twist...

those "strong books" are kinda the only things with actual context that can be the closest to relate.

breaking windows, dondi, t- kid, cope2, graffiti kings, subway art, truck art, platform graffiti... ect ect are stand points that are creditable sources ... due to the fact that its from the writers... give or take a lie or two, you have so much more coming out over time that you can reference the time points and views of writers through such... "studying"

you mentioned the 80's "we werent there..." so where you talking burners? burners became a huge stand point in style for the bronx, alot of new and old pieces there... as for queens they have five points and no true piece scene with neighborhoods... and when it comes to brooklyn, hipsternation over there is doing their thing with the culture out... there from bed sty to green point... youll see a new coffee shop with heads rocking burners... but back to the 80's .... still a train era... ket mentions in the ris book for being the heads starting motions when the yards were closed?... so for the fight against the buff ... not sure when it started... i know it was won around 95? give or take those motion bombers and train bombers... so piece time hasnt really been on the mind for 15 years ... since... for sure... and as the paint supplies die... piecers piece become more and more money for "art" that is illegal... and who cares about a legal eagle... thats where the internet plays its rolls for self promoters... photographers... piecers and what ever esle you want... and develop as such... to anything it wants to be. 80s was also the time when people started to get paid ... so art and putting good shit out is the goal from the start... alot of people who got burn and started to get notice in the mid 80's...

so for the quick satisfaction society we "live" in... theres no time for piecing... just SWAG

Here is my totally insignificant, inconsequential opinion on this convo over the last few pages...

-Transit is dead and that right there is a huge killer to the evolution of style; benching died and techniques were not passed on

-Most kids don't have the influence, imagination, skill, or paint to look beyond the streets and street bombing

-The majority of the paint in the city is locked up. This stops kids especially toys to invent paint... No paint means less practice, less graffiti, less development of skills, loss of racking technique (and the establishment of scrapyard selling markers to kids which cannot build a fuckin mop)

graffiti turned into something else, today you can be called a king in nyc with no trains and never once having entered a subway tunnel, wtf is that? i don't care who you are, if you didn't do either of those things, go away

lots of people write for flicks and convoluted fame over exploration and personal enjoyment, plus this forum exists, and rivalry is also diminished due to the death of transit

people get lost in the hype..

my thoughts

you got it...

theres been an overwhelming wealth of flicks from the 80s in recent years thanks to many many generous contributors. back When you used to preach to me about how writing with style was for suckers, i would inhale those flicks on the reg.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122446&page=434

for further reference

http://www.tcfive.com/

lastly, you know nothing of the graff scene in queens, you trying to speak on it is a joke.

piecing isnt the only epitome of skill in graffiti, hands and throws are an outstanding artform as well. But i digress to my original argument. Theres more than enough reference for kids to study. The reason why they dont is because their dumber and lazier than ever before.

theres been an overwhelming wealth of flicks from the 80s in recent years thanks to many many generous contributors. back When you used to preach to me about how writing with style was for suckers, i would inhale those flicks on the reg.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122446&page=434

for further reference

http://www.tcfive.com/

lastly, you know nothing of the graff scene in queens, you trying to speak on it is a joke.

piecing isnt the only epitome of skill in graffiti, hands and throws are an outstanding artform as well. But i digress to my original argument. Theres more than enough reference for kids to study. The reason why they dont is because their dumber and lazier than ever before.

Def agree with you on dumber and lazier. Technology has made ppl lazy. Less stimulation equals dumber.

nah its because back in the day graffiti was a everyday allday thing i think........when a kid is a graff feen these days its very rare...alot of niggas think graff isnt everything those kids want be legends in twenty five years..since i started writing i seen at least twenty kids come and go!!!!!!!!!niggas cant handle the stress niggas calling you a scumbag that aint about nothing ecept graff...thats the life of a street bomber today!!!!!!!!!!!but what do i know!!!!!!!!

when i was much younger. Internet, or video game systems were not the primary means of entertainment unless you had bread, or were a homebody. The main objective was to wake up shower and hit the park, or the block to meet up with everybody and see what the day was going to be about. When i started writing that changed to meeting up, and riding the train lines back and forth, or walking around to look at graff. Meeting up with other writers to look and hit books. etc. there was plenty of graffiti all around me to build off of.

this is not the case in 2011

when i was much younger. Internet, or video game systems were not the primary means of entertainment unless you had bread, or were a homebody. The main objective was to wake up shower and hit the park, or the block to meet up with everybody and see what the day was going to be about. When i started writing that changed to meeting up, and riding the train lines back and forth, or walking around to look at graff. Meeting up with other writers to look and hit books. etc. there was plenty of graffiti all around me to build off of.

this is not the case in 2011

OR SCREAMING AT TRANNYS ON ROOSEVELT!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: