N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Here is my totally insignificant, inconsequential opinion on this convo over the last few pages...

-Transit is dead and that right there is a huge killer to the evolution of style; benching died and techniques were not passed on

-Most kids don't have the influence, imagination, skill, or paint to look beyond the streets and street bombing

-The majority of the paint in the city is locked up. This stops kids especially toys to invent paint... No paint means less practice, less graffiti, less development of skills, loss of racking technique (and the establishment of scrapyard selling markers to kids which cannot build a fuckin mop)

graffiti turned into something else, today you can be called a king in nyc with no trains and never once having entered a subway tunnel, wtf is that? i don't care who you are, if you didn't do either of those things, go away

lots of people write for flicks and convoluted fame over exploration and personal enjoyment, plus this forum exists, and rivalry is also diminished due to the death of transit

people get lost in the hype..

my thoughts

THANKYOU

Still, I'm not saying that I have lots of skill but I began painting in 2004 and have a style similar to that of late 90's early 2G writers that came up in my area and different parts of the city cause I practiced a lot on paper. Niggas can still rack, the art of racking has not died at all. It's just these kids don't think at all. In 04 I used to do full body racks and had spots laid out through the city where I would easily get about 12-20 depending what I was wearing per spot(you know steep tech or snorkel jacket) Don't make excuses for these chumps. There is still great looking graffiti in the streets to emulate. Even the out of towners have come in with style and grace, their shit is legible and consistent. The only live trains I saw were freights, which are still available in certain spots of this city. Tunnels are still available to anybody to king. There should be no excuses, whether it be time to rock on the street or how young you are...a good example is this kid Saper BRT, 16 year old back in the day that caused crazy reck. My lil mans TAIN TGK ELV rocked with cheeze and went on a rampage at the mere age of 13. C'mon these little herbs hands need to be broken, someone DOES need to advise them that their shit is ugly as fuck to their face and vamp them for their fucking cans. Zest TGK http://www.tgkcrew.8k.com

Here is my totally insignificant, inconsequential opinion on this convo over the last few pages...

-Transit is dead and that right there is a huge killer to the evolution of style; benching died and techniques were not passed on

-Most kids don't have the influence, imagination, skill, or paint to look beyond the streets and street bombing

-The majority of the paint in the city is locked up. This stops kids especially toys to invent paint... No paint means less practice, less graffiti, less development of skills, loss of racking technique (and the establishment of scrapyard selling markers to kids which cannot build a fuckin mop)

graffiti turned into something else, today you can be called a king in nyc with no trains and never once having entered a subway tunnel, wtf is that? i don't care who you are, if you didn't do either of those things, go away

lots of people write for flicks and convoluted fame over exploration and personal enjoyment, plus this forum exists, and rivalry is also diminished due to the death of transit

people get lost in the hype..

my thoughts