Favorite Albums of 2007-

MayorMeanBeans

There isn't one CD that came out in 2007 that I like.

Music is boring me these days.

i wanted to reply to this thread but i kinda came to the same conclusion. though, it's not that music is boring me by any means. it's that the only current music i listen to is blip beep oonse type shit. everything else i like is from 20+ years ago.

i havent checked out the new radiohead yet, though. i'm sure that's awesome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i don't understand how anybody can be unexcited by new music... there is so much going on... if your tastes are 20 years old find the bands that are influenced by those old bands.

i dunno, music is my first love... if i'm bored by music i'm not looking or listening

im just not much for listening to bands that sound like the older ones i like. i'd rather just listen to the originals. that's what it is with contemporary music that gets me bored- the recycling. there's a lot i do like, but it's for the most part on the electronic side of the spectrum, and a lot of it doesnt come out in your standard album form. im not knocking what's happening these days by any means, it just doesn't intrest me for the most part. at least for rock or rap, it doesnt.

From the Village Voice:

Describing music of this ilk is notoriously dangerous, a trapdoor into the kind of florid nature writing that anyone who has somehow found themselves describing glaciers in a Sigur Rós review knows all too well. Put simply, Axel specializes in extracting tiny portions of (semi-)beloved pop songs—a split-second, a single beat, a yearning vowel—and looping them ad nauseam into gorgeous ambient Frankensteins that hiccup incessantly until time and pressure hammers those blips into a purring pastoral blur.

A user comment on metacritic (where it's rated #2 for 2007):

This is literally the worst album I've ever heard, It is ridiculously repetitive it sounds like your computer froze while playing music and its playing the same thing over and over again. It might sound alright at times but I can';t see how any talent in this music. Maybe I just don't understand it but in my opinion it should defiantly not be #1 let alone the top 10

sounds interesting. i'm on it.

Quote:

Describing music of this ilk is notoriously dangerous, a trapdoor into the kind of florid nature writing that anyone who has somehow found themselves describing glaciers in a Sigur Rós review knows all too well. Put simply, Axel specializes in extracting tiny portions of (semi-)beloved pop songs—a split-second, a single beat, a yearning vowel—and looping them ad nauseam into gorgeous ambient Frankensteins that hiccup incessantly until time and pressure hammers those blips into a purring pastoral blur.

A user comment on metacritic (where it's rated #2 for 2007):

Quote:

This is literally the worst album I've ever heard, It is ridiculously repetitive it sounds like your computer froze while playing music and its playing the same thing over and over again. It might sound alright at times but I can';t see how any talent in this music. Maybe I just don't understand it but in my opinion it should defiantly not be #1 let alone the top 10

im just not much for listening to bands that sound like the older ones i like. i'd rather just listen to the originals. that's what it is with contemporary music that gets me bored- the recycling. there's a lot i do like, but it's for the most part on the electronic side of the spectrum, and a lot of it doesnt come out in your standard album form. im not knocking what's happening these days by any means, it just doesn't intrest me for the most part. at least for rock or rap, it doesnt.

i don't mean listen to the sword because you like sabbath. i mean try blind guardian because you like queen. not the bands that sound like the old bands, but the guys that took that, too their own generation of music and made something outstanding...

Archived