TENNESSEE!

SoulFoodMemphis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This lady graphotogirl.com/ (Im only posting the link so you guys can see this bullshit for yourselves) is selling pictures of your art. She is having a gallery showing on Friday here in Memphis to try to peddle her shitty ficks. Im going to have a nice long chat with her about a couple of things: A)The artwork in these photos is the intellectual property of the artist and what you are doing here is copyright infringement. I found this website (http://www.gosee4me.com/sell-photos/can-i-legally-sell-photos-ive-taken-of-graffiti-art-without-the-artists-permission) and it says

"Graffiti is absolutely, undeniably, completely, utterly, totally and irrefutably granted sovereign federal copyright protection under USC Title 17 Section 101+.

Using graffiti images in your pictures without express written consent from the copyright holder, is an absolute violation of federal law, and exposes you to catastrophic liability"

and B) What you are attempting to do here is giving me and everyone else who is a Photographer and/or Bencher a bad name. You obviously dont know shit about graffiti and your not fucking Martha Cooper..ETC ETC......

Please E-mail this woman and/or call her and let her know how you feel. Hell you might even be able to sue her.

ok but how are you gonna sue her? go to court and be like i painted this train and this bitch is selling the pictures without my consent...kinda pointless cuz they will bag your ass for vandalism...

Suing might be a little extreme and would undoubtedly fail in court... and copyright infringement, I don't think so. Honestly, you could sprinkle as much law jargon on top of this as you want to -- it issn't gong to do anything.

However, I do agree that this is bullshit. She is selling benched photos, but who the hell is going to buy it? I'm sure if she ever did gain some momentum in selling this garbage, she'd have an inbox of hate mail.

Maybe I'll check the show. I'm curious to see the foolishness first hand.

Picture3-38.png

Picture2-47.png

Picture1-68.png

Some bitch did the same thing in NC a few years ago and everyone got mad... But you vandalized a train in order for it to travel and be photographed. If she sells those photos they were her work, the photo that is. I could care less, make money off my panels. This argument is like bombing a wall and demand you be paid by the owner the building. You want to art for money fr8 graff ain't the way and if someone else hustles it oh well too bad, maybe you should be selling flix of your own freights.

Not to mention the photos are terrible quality so I bet no one buys them, and people make money off freight books and mags all the time, she's doing it too just differently.

This lady graphotogirl.com/ (Im only posting the link so you guys can see this bullshit for yourselves) is selling pictures of your art. She is having a gallery showing on Friday here in Memphis to try to peddle her shitty ficks. Im going to have a nice long chat with her about a couple of things: A)The artwork in these photos is the intellectual property of the artist and what you are doing here is copyright infringement. I found this website (http://www.gosee4me.com/sell-photos/can-i-legally-sell-photos-ive-taken-of-graffiti-art-without-the-artists-permission) and it says

"Graffiti is absolutely, undeniably, completely, utterly, totally and irrefutably granted sovereign federal copyright protection under USC Title 17 Section 101+.

Using graffiti images in your pictures without express written consent from the copyright holder, is an absolute violation of federal law, and exposes you to catastrophic liability"

and B) What you are attempting to do here is giving me and everyone else who is a Photographer and/or Bencher a bad name. You obviously dont know shit about graffiti and your not fucking Martha Cooper..ETC ETC......

Please E-mail this woman and/or call her and let her know how you feel. Hell you might even be able to sue her.

ok but how are you gonna sue her? go to court and be like i painted this train and this bitch is selling the pictures without my consent...kinda pointless cuz they will bag your ass for vandalism...

Im with you, but its been determined unless they are legal murals there is nothing you can do about it... however if she DID flick a legal mural and sell it, then it is infringement. Either way the bitch is wack and you you should suffocate her with rancid cornbread... but yeah if its done illegally in the public space what he is doing is perfectly legal on the grounds of journalism or documenting a crime. You put those images out there with zero permission and as a result have zero claims to anything except being arrested for it.

Basically - in america you cant legally profit from crime (unless you wear a suit and tie while doing it)

Archived