My Caps Are Clogged

SE-Rythm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've put all of my clogged caps into an old peanut-butter jar that's been washed out and filled it with paint thinner.

I set it to rest and shook it well whenever I passed by it. It worked okay after a week. Not all of them unclogged though, especially my grey and nythins.

I've heard of some tire-cleaning spray that works wonders, though.

You're supposed to bring a jar of paint thinner/turpentine with you when you paint and throw the caps in there while the paint still hasn't dried. Let 'em soak overnight and then wash out throroughly with a garden hose.

if the cap is clogged and the paint has been allowed to solidify its not gonna clear unless its a FAT FAT cap like a lvl. 5 or a silver. cause even if u get the gunk that comes loose out of the stem the shit that actaully clogs it is in the chamber thing. so its gotta be fat enough to blow out the bits of solid paint. as for paint thinner that will work effectively only if u do it right when the cap gets clogged. I bring a gatorade bottle w/ acetone and drop caps in when i finish using um or when they get stuck.

But hey look at it this way..if u have a shit load of stuck caps just string um up spray um chrome or gold and u gots ur self a blingn' necklace!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
I've put all of my clogged caps into an old peanut-butter jar that's been washed out and filled it with paint thinner.

I set it to rest and shook it well whenever I passed by it. It worked okay after a week. Not all of them unclogged though, especially my grey and nythins.

I've heard of some tire-cleaning spray that works wonders, though.

just make sure it aint accrylic thinners or summin,if the thiner dont change colour and the paint is flaing off the caps its the wrong shit ,it will just blok them more.

peas out

• 2 weeks later...

Archived