EWOKONE ( NEW YORK )

*ICY GRAPE APE*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ewok 5MH from New York

2173712149_cabe0c7a8c_b.jpg

Ewok HM from Los Angeles

466835654_5ca01768ae_o.jpg

two different artist,two different styles,two different coast and just one thing similar theyre fucking name,just let it be I know they have.

soo which one is the one in T7L? the "LA" ewok or the "NY" ewok

Send Burton my site, if they're paying artists instead of offering "opportunities" I'll do work, if they're bamboozeling hard working artists they can go file chapter 11 for all I care.

its those "artists" that will work for pennies or "opportunities" that fuck up the game for the ones looking for actual payment for service rendered...show them their "art" on a skateboard and give them some stickers and 2 t-shirts and they are sold! scrubs

I do fully understand that HOWEVER, some artists do have to begin somewhere. Not saying its wrong or right but not everyone has the rep that some dudes do like EWOK5MH, etc...

Just throwing it out there, I do understand it can kink the system of FULL PAYMENT!

its those "artists" that will work for pennies or "opportunities" that fuck up the game for the ones looking for actual payment for service rendered...show them their "art" on a skateboard and give them some stickers and 2 t-shirts and they are sold! scrubs

i say we all blow up the burton email with emails saying ewok needs his own board line

with crazy charactors

that head rest been put to work haha:lol:

The vinyl indu$try a$ well a$ the $neaker indu$try is FLOOOOODED with a bunch of non self re$pecting arti$t$ just trying to get on. The outcome is an industry where you request the good money you deserve for proper compensation and if the company doesn't want to pay they just go to the next artist treading water in a dog eat dog ces pool/ And the next choice after you we all know isn't as good as you are, or they would've been asked before you. The 2nd issue with that is these companies don't know quality art if it was found in their attic and worth $20 million. Have you seen these silly "street art" campaigns on Pepsi cans or Ice tea cans right now? They're is no quality control, it could be elementary school kids dong this art for all I know now. These companies need to hit brick walls when it comes to an artist and what he's worth, he should get. Outcome is an industry flooded with $starving arti$t$. I cannot tell you how many magazine interviews, shoe deals, toy deals and even book features I've turned down because I truly believe we ALL should be paid when our art is featured ANYWHERE. I don't care if its in a graffiti magazine, my hard work shouldn't benefit the street cred of some guy printing a magazine with people paying for add placement.

Maybe this isn;'t the right forum to speak on this topic but hopefully some other people into my shit wth some self respect for their own work will be willing to say no next time their offered something instead of doing it for free. The old argument used to be if someone was "$selling out" , the new issue should be if your "selling anything at all"

More power to any and all artist who can survive on their craft and not have to work a 9-5 and then come home and stay up all night doing art for FREEEEE????? Get outta here. For the love is one thing, don;t get it twisted. But the artist has the responsibility to set your own bar of what you won;t get bamboozled into. Stand your ground and turn it down if it's not worth it.

Get organized.

i say we all blow up the burton email with emails saying ewok needs his own board line

with crazy charactors

that head rest been put to work haha:lol:

I appreciate the enthusiasm bro, but its all good I think I missed this seasons boards anyway. Plus I have a hard enough time doing the work load I have now.

i was thinking the same thing about thos pepsi cans, also think their is some subliminals in the art some where, if its not direct subversive control.

on a brighter side, fuck burton. bro i seen some sites that you can design your own boards.

i say if you are thinking of expancing your store a lil design some custom boards with your cartoon style and slang them shits.

burton charged me like 3 bills or more for my 7 board. so im sure you can fly some real shit for about 4 ot 5, and still have them selling. cause i really want to see some real graff boards fuck that bs wanna be graff art boards. even tho thats all i could find.

long live ewok cartoons haha

no worrys i know what you mean. im just speaking my mind.

Werd from the wise, EWOK.... I have to admit, the words spoken hit me.

I am one that has been "MODEST" or "TO HUMBLE" at times for my art..... Your right though, its time to stop....

werd....LIFE E, thanks for the words. I am sure it will hit others if they READ.

HOLLA homie let me know how the YAK release went!

while we are on the topic, did you happen to see the "graffiti" during the superbowl pregame show on fox. WTF! so bad, and they used "handstlyes" to intro some of the pats players...ugh bummer...

ok off to watch the pats become the greatest team in NFL history...

ah what can you do, no excuses we got out played. the pass rush of NY won the game...

you cant front the pats are still the best modern day team... 71% win rate since 1994. they just happened to blunder the biggest game of their career. ha

Archived