Willie Nelson

Smart

So, my dad and his friend's at college in Ohio used to make fun of this girl who came from Texas. She said she 'listened to Willie Nelson' and they said 'people don't have such names'... apparently they razzed her for a couple years on this. So then, Junior year spring break or something, they head down to Tejas with girly and other girlies too.. once they got there they discovered Willie truly existed but also one of the yankee girls ordered "one grit" at a waffle house or something... and that turns out to be the story that my father tells but...

but...

I am still hung up on why people would think other people wouldn't name their kids:

'Willie Nelson'

And seriously, I have heard this story a FEW times since I was about 6...

so... any ideas?

Or, shout if you love some Willie (but only if you can sing MOST of ONE of his songs)...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dunno, but do you think it's ok to say "it's the 80s and i love the ladies", even though i really don't love the ladies? erm i mean even though it's not the 80s

and yo, i've got a handfull of stores that i've heard a couple times since i was six too, i swear those stories get into your subconcious and don't come out

h22437ligot.jpg

"Collecting all three installments in the Masked Weasel label's series of Willie Nelson rarities, THE COMPLETE GHOST offers up 54 tracks recorded by the legendary country singer-songwriter before he found mainstream fame during the 1970s outlaw-country craze. Among the many little-heard gems on this three-disc set are a bluesy, formative take on "Night Life," the waltz-like "So Much to Do" (which could be a motto for Nelson's remarkably prolific career), and the weary, reverb-heavy "Both Ends of the Candle." While the compilation's fidelity often varies, THE COMPLETE GHOST presents enough hidden treasures to please diehard Nelson fans."

I got this last week.

It's impressive.

i dunno, but do you think it's ok to say "it's the 80s and i love the ladies", even though i really don't love the ladies? erm i mean even though it's not the 80s

and yo, i've got a handfull of stores that i've heard a couple times since i was six too, i swear those stories get into your subconcious and don't come out

Yes, it's ok

Yes, they do

Can I have sex with your anus?

No, you can't

Ask my boyfriend.

He was just after my anus

and I don't swing like that

that's like a banner ad to me... I'm on dail=up

it's funny though that Yes is at the end of the line... just like an ad because, Yes has NOTHING to do with any of those other names BUT... it MIGHT draw in one or two hundred more clicks...

im sure the original recording of highwaymen was recorded on the side of an interstate highway fueled on peyote and speed from a local indian reservation somewhere in middle america.

i fucking love willie nelson because he smoked a joint on the white house and commited "man" crimes.

Outlaw Country is the cat's meow.

I prefer David Allen Coe over Willie Nelson, though.

Except for when he sings about hating niggers.

No, wait.

I like those songs alot too.

The quintessential country verse goes a little something like this here,

"Well, I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison.

And I went to pick her up in the rain.

But, before I could get to the station in my pickup truck

She got runned over by a damned old train."

So... I guess we got me on guitar... Eestgay on triangle and blood fart on eggz...

Lets do a song about how India Arie looks just like Tracy Morgan with a shaved head...

(somebody write some lyrics)

morgan.jpg

((Whatever happened to 12ozTV? I thought Abso was Exec Producer on that joint..?))

Archived