Did they find Noah's Ark?

MAR

"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said Arch Bonnema of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (B.A.S.E) Institute, a Christian archeology organization dedicated to looking for biblical artifacts.

No shit huh? Christians, first-guessing some shit on a hill would be of some religious significance? If it was a 'scatology archeology organization', they would've first-guessed it to be a giant pile of shit. BUT NOPE. Christians, always beating the scatological archeologists to claim piles of shit in the name of Jesus.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the creationist bit is more in reference to the probable leanings of the archeoligists in question.

The only thing the concepts of floods lend itself to is the idea of catastrophism. Throughout the different geological eras many things have happened in either very quick or very long amounts of time, eg catastrophism or uniformitarianism. What we have ended up finding is that even when catastrophic events such as floods do happen they tend to do so with some overall frequency. The badlands for example have tons of areas that were carved by catostrophic events but in multiple occasions. There is one basin in which it took years to pin down the cause of its uniqie formation. It had to be viewed from the air for them to realize it had been done by water. Then came the debate that even though they had found a mechanism for such an event there was no cause. Well another couple decades of research, and its released that there is a natural dam that had built up and broken several times over sever hundred years. The flood would travel hundreds if not thousands of miles before it would either dissipate or flow in to the ocean. Thus the connection between both major interpretations of geological process.

I say all this to show that floods have nothing to do with creation, beyond that creation in the sense of literal christianity would go with the catostrophic sort of event that a flood is. Notice the commonality in language about such events, "acts of god," expressed in insurance policies and other common cultural contexts.

Most pragmatic interpretations of what Noah's Ark could be seem to suggest that in one of these catastrophic events that happen from time to time, somenoe managed to build a large structure and perhaps did ride it out. And thus you have the story of noah's ark. Take into account that if someone back in the day had sort of figured out the possibility of large storms, be it rudimentary science mixed with a lil bit of faith, they would still credit the entire event to something supernatural. So, even if, all of this happened and some group managed to avoid one of these geologically common floods, it makes perfect sense that it would spread into folk lore and eventually adopted as part of religious dogma. It is too god an example of a relationship between the heaves, eg "acts of god," and humans for it not to be used.

basically, in my humble opinion, if its the ark, thats fucking amazing from an archeological anthropology, and historical geology and meterology stand point, but it in no way helps the case of religion or creationists.

ORLY.jpg

Ok so what about fresh water fish etc?

Did Noah equip the ark with an aquarium? with tropical lights? hahah

These creationists are hilareous!

All fish, water living mammals, and bugs where said to have no problems during the flood.

But Im glad you find this all funny.

But shai's right. I didnt come here to argue the existence of the flood or G-d. I just started a thread to share something that caught my attention when I signed on that morning.

You're still shaking the haters off?

Wow, I should mention religion on here more often just to watch people lose their fucking minds.

Throw in a cousin-fucking and an APPLY DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD! or two, and I'll have the thread of the year and all the death threats that come with it.