New York v. San Fran

Get Stoopid!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tp the law or should i say the rock

Originally posted by THE LAW

uhhh...you're missing THE LAW's point entirely.

He will summarize for you:

1. You live in a magazine world.

2. You can't judge a city till you've been there.

3. Your examples are shit.

4. ehhh....this isn't worth THE LAW's time.

by the way, THE LAW is not from New York. Or SF. but he's lived in both places. His viewpoint is far less biased than yours.

once again my find fetherd friend , i have been to new york but i didnt get to paint .

i was there working on some buisness .

one of my realy good friends lives in qweens ,

of course i only see what gets on generic sites . or magazines .

because i am not omniputant -(to be able to be in more than one place at a time .

and as far as the under ground tunnels , only some one from new york would know or know where to see

and dont refer to your self in third person you sound like a silly politician .

and if you want to sway my opinion send fliks via email denglishhooligan@aol.com

and as far as living in a magazine world , i dont give a fuck what s in a magazine world .

i am talking from site what i saw and what my friend sees every day

10,0000 two color toss ups ar not impressing

that is considerd toy out haere unless your old school i did not see full color pieces on sides of bridges , or even full color wild styles wit h drop shadows on ledges , roofs freeways , bill boards , streets.

the truth of the matter is west coast has past up the power of we painted subways by some forty old so called fine artist .

dont get me wrong i still have mad respect for the old line kings they started this shit but we are in the day of the new and inovative art because graffiti was made by elected officials to to label are art....we are the writers of the next .. 12years and runnin fool .

really i just wanted to post to make sure my signature came out right. but i would have to say that while the west coast definitley is always innovative. there are tons of non old school innovators on the east look at guys like rime, or newa, or nace. it's just that in new york it's more about quantity so you just don't see that many full color pieces. also a lot of the mid nineties sf writers were from the east coast originally....so yeah i don't know

Guest IDOL HANDS

never really been to sf but nyc is real hard to beat.all boston - philly is laced with sick writers

but nyc runs everything because it never sleeps

yeah i agree, the graf in sf has gone downhill ever since the may? 2000 eradication. it seemed to hurt alot of the writers getting over at that time. too bad.

if there is a city out here that's comprable to frisco i think it's montreal, or to. i don't know their respecitve histories or anything, i'm just saying they are both truly unique places, of the same size, and there are about the same amount of hot writers in both, all three? to, i don't know, i've been there least, so if i'm wrong here it would be great if someone would point it out. montreal has more bombers it seems, i guess that's what makes me think of it as frisco's peer. they (bombers) are similar in there execution, large and clean, and it's also six or seven hours north from the east coast mecca, nyc, same as frisco from west coast mecca, LA. actually i'm way frisco biased as far as piecing. for me it's a city that has a mad raw, new feeling, looking at some of the pieces, the personalities are so diverse and they speak to me from the walls on some level. but then again my exposure level is key here, and i'm sure that lots of places have that feeling for people who have gone and discovered some shit for themselves. i can't say that about any other city, because i just haven't looked hard enough? my advice: get out there and look around, this art is fleeting.

Guest IDOL HANDS

i dont know. i been to montreal + met kids from frisco. personal experience montreal kids are way the fuck cooler but i dont think they could hang with frisco bombers.

yeh, i guess, i'm not that familiar with histories and what not, montreal is cool, but it seems like i could name all the writers there, in frisco it seems shit goes back way further. i guess it was easy or whatever before like 95 and kids are mad good. plus they got the dope tourist connection, unlike montreal, i think the tourists are intimidated or something, or something else. plus canucks are way into freights especially montreal, eh? i guess i was commenting on how bombed it looks to a passer by, not underground. i've seen way more shit in frisco, but i've been there more too. definately shouldn't be compared to new york where shit has been blown up longer, with way more writers and beef and whatnot.

Guest IDOL HANDS

ny is just a mean ass city. even when its sweet its trying to get over on you. la is definately a tighter battle between coasts. ny vs la. friscos dope but its a little candyland next to these two

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

SF went downhill after 1998/99

None truer words ever typed. but it's really hard to compare the two cities. different styles and different feelings/scenes. I've only been to NY a couple of times, but I know in SF recently, it seems like there is one person bombing really hard for a couple of months then they just fall off, and someone else bombs really hard, then falls off, and around and around. But SF was bangin' in the 90's definitley. Always got love for NY though, it's where it all began.

i would have to argue frisco only cause i rep the set, but one thing that ive noticed is that hella writers from the east coast werent really well known (or that good) untill after they came to bomb SF. that frisco flavor just brings out the best in you, haha. i give NY props for the old school shit, but has just evolved into a shitfest of generic throwies and tags. the SF scene is pretty weak right now, but as ive noticed, the SF scene tends to have a pattern of a couple good years, then a couple bad years... and the cycle continues. theres definetly a lot more style coming from the sucka free.

Archived