<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

ARGH FUCK!!!!

alrite...so i installed the drivers that you linked my casek. everything seemed to be going good. i played DOD today and it went flawless. i did not epxeriance any moniter blackout. but then i try and play another game on the computer and as soon as the game loads it crashes. theres an obvious connection between playing games teh the moniter blacking out. WHAT TEH FUCK IS THIS!!!!!!!!! it cant even just sit at the desktop, with no applications running, without blacking out on me. the moniter is still on but the screen is blank. turn off the moniter, turnit back on, and it regains picture for 2 seconds.

WHAT IS THIS!!!?!?!??!?!?!? i think im gonna change the graphics card first and see what happens

so to install new ATI card, i have to delete the existing ATI using add/remove? then open up computer and stick it in, taking the old one out? a more detailed walkthrough would help me out....

ok, damn...first:

what are your properties like? screensaver? power save mode?

second: yes, uninstall your drivers, turn off pc, pull card out, insert new card,

turn pc on, install drivers (i'd go with those omega drivers again)

then test. now here's one thing, these games you're trying to play, have they played before?

what changed since you last played them?

i can't play some of the newer games because of my graphics card, but i can play most.

so u got a copy for urself? is it cracked up to what its supposed to be?

its for work, we have to be ahead of the game its a clean version straight from microcrap tha audit was clear they did not find anything real bad just a few warnings nothing major so we ordered some vista to get on there good side

you know the deal you questions are already answered so you the search tool you will find it

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4558500&nojs=1#goto_threadsearch

Dell unveils new gaming PCs

Computer maker rolls out three new models, which run as high as $3,500 in exchange for more power, better graphics.

blah here http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/31/technology/dell_xps.reut/?cnn=yes

nothing different. i left my computer on day and came back to the screen being entirely black' date=' but the moniter still on. at first it seemed that it would crash randomly, but now the crashes coincide entirely with trying to load a game.[/quote']

and you said you've downloaded alot of this software mainter and i have suggested

for cleaning up computers?

try tuneup utilities 2006

can find it on torrentspy.com

run it, use all those features it has.

i'm particularly mentioning this because of the excellent regiostry repair features it has.

Minimum system requirements :

A modern processor (at least 800MHz)

512 MB of system memory.

A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

Recommended :

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.

1 GB of system memory.

A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero.

128 MB of graphics memory.

40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.

DVD-ROM Drive.

Audio output capability.

Internet access capability

edit http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx here you can run a upgrade advisor

HELP ME FIND A GRAPHICS CARD

theres alot of cheap ones on ebay. im lookin for ATI RADEON....a few models im lookin at are the 9600 or the 9800......is more MB better? should i get 256 or 128??

higher MB the better but............. you have to have a computer that can handle it

try this site http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule.asp?family=VIDEO%20CARD&tabid=PCI%20Express%20Graphics%20Card sense i dont feel like asking what kind of motherboard and all that this will do it for you

yeah, it's what kept me in

i just bought an antec heatsink.

the "cpu cooler"

mostly aluminum, some copper (for the piping)

just got it in a few minutes ago.

seems nice. i'll drop some specs as soon

as i get motherboard monitor installed.