<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

so a doc saved in there app can be opened in word..... resson im askin is cuz i have a pc at the house that my girls usin and she is about to type something for one of our neighbors and give him the doc so he can print it... if not i can always just install openoffice on his pc i guess

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT

Instant Messaging

Internet

Internet Tools

Java

Linux/Unix

MacOS

Mobile Computing

Multimedia

Network Security

Online Games

Open Source

Operating systems

P2P

PHP

Peripheral Devices

Perl

Programming

Shareware

Software

Supercomputing

Video Games

Web Development

Webhosting

Weblogs

Windows

hahaha that was just fucked up

unfortunately probably won'[ be done by tomorrow.

never had a wacom in my hands

heard they are dope.

how much longer do you think?

i just got a tablet the other day.... its pretty fuckin dope... its a little strange at first but im starting to get used to it...

how much longer do you think?

i just got a tablet the other day.... its pretty fuckin dope... its a little strange at first but im starting to get used to it...

soon. yeah, i heard they are odd to get used to, but they are so fuckin cool.

Sneakers Get a Geek Injection

When a Nike spokeswoman said it took the company more than 20 years to create the latest technology for its new Air Max 360 running shoe, the first question we asked was, "What took so long?"

Well, it turns out Air Max technology has been available to consumers for a long time -- just not in this dramatic of a fashion, according to Nike. The new Air Max 360s feature a midsole made from 65 layers of microfilm, which encapsulate nitrogen to simulate walking -- or running -- on air.

"This shoe is what many of us imagined years ago, but getting there was more challenging than we expected," says Tom Hartge, creative director for advanced research and development at Nike. "It took us many generations to figure out how to work with it. But now what's happening is that people are trying it on and wondering, 'Wow, what is this?'

The video game industry, which supported 144,000 full-time jobs and accounted for more than $8 billion in game sales in 2004, had an $18 billion impact on the U.S. economy that year, according to a new study to be released on Wednesday.

Estimates call for video game sales to grow to $15 billion by 2010. Industry employment is expected to leap nearly 75 percent to 250,000 jobs by 2009.

fucking fat bastards sitting on there chairs/couches playing video games get out and do something

nice artical i know you asses will not read it but who cares i am gonig to post it anyway

One of the interesting things about Apple Computer's shift to Intel processors currently under way is how wholeheartedly the Mac community is embracing it.

Eighteen months ago, Intel was the enemy, part of an unholy Wintel alliance that represented everything the Apple and Mac community stood against. Now, Intel is the ally.

It's reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984, when during the daily Two Minute Hate it's suddenly revealed the country is at war with Eurasia, and not Eastasia as everyone had believed. All the banners denouncing Eastasia are quickly torn down, and no one can remember any different.

Before Steve Jobs announced the Intel switch, many Mac fans believed IBM, Apple's ally, had a strong lead in desktop chips, and that the enemy, Intel, was in all kinds of trouble. IBM supposedly had an impressive road map for its PowerPC chips, attracting even Apple's great rival, Microsoft, to use a G5-like processor for the Xbox 360. Sony's and Nintendo's next-generation game consoles will use similar IBM chips.

Meanwhile, Intel was supposed to be in deep trouble. The company was having difficulty shrinking to smaller transistor sizes, and was getting licked by rival Advanced Micro Devices. Remember all those stories last year about the end of Moore's law?

The problem, of course, was with those stories -- or actually, how we as a community interpreted them. Like people who tune in to Air America or Fox News, we tend to hear what we want to hear.

There is a small element of doublethink going on: Big Brother Jobs says the switch is good, so it must be. But for us users, the Intel shift is a good thing, both in terms of the machines Apple's producing and the shift into the mainstream they represent.

Despite a few glitches, the new Intel hardware is very good. But the shift also solidifies a move toward the computing mainstream that started with the iPod (which is now a Windows device that's compatible with the Mac, not vice versa).

Apple's adoption of mainstream technologies like the iPod's USB 2.0 connector and Intel processors is also leading to a rehabilitation in the business press. All of a sudden, some of the old clichés about Apple -- Macs are not good for business, Apple's business model dooms it to a minority stake in markets it helps create -- are being swept away.

Take a Wall Street Journal story published Tuesday that reported new interest in Apple from corporations, like a Japanese bank that's switching to Macs.

Not too long ago, most stories about digital music argued that Apple must open up the iPod or iTunes to rivals if it was to avoid getting swept away by MSN or Napster. Apple was making the same mistake it made in the PC business: Its tight control would ultimately doom it to minority status.

But another Wall Street Journal story, published last year, contained the remarkable revelation that Microsoft admired the iPod model -- retaining tight control over both hardware and software -- and was thinking it must emulate it if it was to succeed with living-room technologies like the Xbox and things that connect to it, such as portable music or video players.

For Mac fans, this is the kind of doublethink they like.

I have no computer questions tonight but check this:

I got a $4,200 budget for 1 laptop, 1 desktop and 1 portable printer. Its grant $$$ so we have to spend ALL the money on the 3 items we (at work) agreed on... Dell is our vendor for cpus I guess but we can get any portable printer..

this is like a sat question, but whats the best shit, with those variables can we get for $4200 ( no tax, maybe shipping)??????????????

ok to get back to serious note on the question is the computer gonig to be used as a fuck around or a business workstation same with the laptop

is your business running windows or linux - (i hope linux)

$4200.00 is not alot you can spend that just on a printer so the computer is goingto be a piece of shit if you need to split that 3 ways

ROUTER ? NUMBER 23452562464

K

Router is hitting the wall very, very, very soon.

I D/C the router, shit is GOLDEN for like 3 minutes after.

Fast, reliable.

After 3 minutes it CRAWLS. Slowest motherfucking shit ever.

EVER.

Tech support told me to fuck with the MTU.

I started at 1500 and im down to 1250.

Again, after unplugging/plugging in router it works perfectly.

Then a couple minutes later its shit again.

Any ideas?