<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

so, mainter, have you ever been looked down upon for being intelligent?

http://people.howstuffworks.com/brainwashing.htm

no not really i try to surround myself with intelligent people

but......... ever sense 4th grade every single teacher has called me a smartass makes me feel proud

oh even in college

i think its because i get so bored and when they go to ask me something i give them some over the top response and it makes them look stupid :o

How do you beat the online registration process for the latest version of photoshop? Does anyone have a crack?

S/N: 1131-1028-1537-2956-7072-0359

S/N: 1045-1215-2648-7858-7119-7334

S/N: 1131-0201-5621-6381-7682-3918 "CS2 9.0"

those sn's might work but you need a crack so that it doesnt stop workin after the 30 day trial period... if you need one let me know and ill hook you up....

hey maint or casek... i just split my internet connection usin a linksys router (wireless) but both pc's are hardwired into it, so it there a way to disable the wirelessness part so i dont have to worry bout people jackin my connection... or is there something else i can do protect it?

Build a Honeypot with Old Equipment

If you've elected to upgrade all of your equipment and do not have devices on your network that do not support WPA functionality, you can set up a honeypot to distract would-be intruders if you are in an environment prone to war drivers or neighborhood snoops. A honeypot is a fake target that deters hackers from locating your real network. Take an old 802.11b access point and:

Set the SSID to something different than what you are using in your new WPA capable access point or router.

Use a channel at least 5 channels away from the channel you've set on the new access point or router to avoid interference.

Place it near an outside window.

Plug it in to a power outlet, but don't connect it to your network.

Don't point any of your wireless computers or devices at this device.

You've just built a honeypot. This may engage casual (but not determined) snoops and neighbors. If you live in an area that is densely populated, you may need to experiment with channel settings because you could find that there are not enough available channels to implement this.

Click on the wireless on the set up page of the router and set the network mode to disable. It will disable the wireless capabilities of the router.

how do i get to the setup page? i dont have the disc that came with it... i just plugged it all in and it worked without doin anything except turning my modem off and on...

how do i get to the setup page? i dont have the disc that came with it... i just plugged it all in and it worked without doin anything except turning my modem off and on...

go to your internet browser type in the router IP " 192.168.1.1 " if you have never been there the router will be default so leave the username blank password is " admin " without quotes

do all yer settings there

PM me your IP address and i will do it for you

2000 Post this thread is really becoming something

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT