<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I will use utorrent.

I think just Norton.

AT&T

Not sure about the port.

get rid of anything norton ( hope you did not pay for it) becaues you just payed for big brother to watch over you, tracking and sending information to about everything you open/install/run/look at on the computer

get avast antivirus ( its free) and get comodo firewall, it is also free

does yer internet connection go through a router

if you do not know

go to a command prompt

start>>run>> type CMD>>> when command prompt opens type IPCONFIG

and post what the IP address is and the gateway address is ( PM it to me for security)

in utorrent go to preferences ( press ctrl P) on the left side select Connections port used for incoming connection put 65410 the back to the left side select bittorrent on the bottom select protocol encryption and change it to Forced

exit the preferences window

now press (ctrl G) this will bring up the speed guide

on the bottom checkmark the enable encrytion

press x and open up yer firefox browser and paste this in the search bar

http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=65410

you should see

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 65410 on (yer IP address shown here)

OK! Port 65410 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

you did not remove norton use this tool to remove it

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

Download the Norton Removal Tool. Save the file to the Windows desktop. 2 On the Windows desktop, double-click the Norton Removal Tool icon. 3 Follow the on-screen instructions. Yer computer may be restarted more than once, and you may be asked to repeat some steps after the computer restarts.

this is from comodo firewall to open up the port for utorrent

If you follow these instructions, you can connect uTorrent with only One listening port. Disable UPnP Port Mapping by opening the preferences menu in the options menu at the top of the main window. On that same tab Copy the port used for incoming connections.

Goto your Firewall and open the Network Monitor and right click the network controls and open add rule----> Add.

Now;

The Rule

Action:Allow

Protocol:TCP

Direction In

Source:Any Destination:Any Source Source port:Any Destination:(Paste your port HERE)

Once you have created this rule move it up in the list above the red Block&Log Rule....Done!

That is the only port that needs to be allowed to listen for an outside connection request.

uTorrent is in MY opinion and that of my Friends and affiliates the Best client, by far less memory hoggish than Azuereus. and others of its kind. and fully functional and informative, without all the confusion of graphics and ads....Just the Torrent...That is what its all about, and did I mention Comodo firewall handles the mass connection attempts and fake syn requests that seem to be frequent among torrents...Anyway, does it all well without slowing your downloads/uploads, or your PC....

;5858712']Just downloaded firefox 3 beta shit is slowing me up. Badly real bad lag. Any new stuff for this. or should i go back.

go back ( that is why it is called beta) its for testing only and is not to be used by regulars Joes it has thousands of security holes and bugs that are yet to be worked out if you can not debug codes then betas are not for you