<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Account happy perhaps.. My friends just thought it would be funny to fuck with my graphics work for school, so I figured just set them apart

Weird thing is, when I boot in safe mode, the Administrator account is right there on the log screen

Anyways, thanks man, for some reason I never thought of safe mode

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You are so witty......where is my beer?

i was tallking to eastbay canuck house last night about that. i really want to send out beer that is the best of the best. let me get a couple of batches under my belt.

i would rather people pop one open and think it's the best beer ever than have them pop a top off one and think it's ok or pretty good.

thanks man,

so im not sure how the iso thing works what i gotta do? expalin in stupid mans terms thanks...

got a cd burner? a blank cd? download the iso file, right click on it once it's finished, open with your cd burning program (nero, etc) burn it.

that's it. it's justa disc image.

Split Browser (Firefox)

http://lifehacker.com/software/firefox/download-of-the-day-split-browser-firefox-232291.php

Burn almost any video file to a playable DVD

http://lifehacker.com/software/dvds/hack-attack-burn-almost-any-video-file-to-a-playable-dvd-232322.php

alot of you buttholes ask about burning to dvd. it's great, really. i use different tools, but i'm

about to give this software a shot.

ok my mate had his old laptop under his bed for about a month or two and cant remember his password anyway to log into it? and deactivate the password?

if its a windows comp... boot into safe mode.... depending on what os it is you can just go directly into safe mode and delete the password on the account or change it... if not go to a dos prompt and change or delete the password from there... now let us thank windows for putting safe mode in so you can easily access anyones password protected computer...

and NO I am not going to be specific about how to do it exactly... sorry..

if its a windows comp... boot into safe mode.... depending on what os it is you can just go directly into safe mode and delete the password on the account or change it... if not go to a dos prompt and change or delete the password from there... now let us thank windows for putting safe mode in so you can easily access anyones password protected computer...

Ophcrack makes me feel like i'm in that movie "hackers" but angelina jolie is nowhere to be found.

getting my wii repaired (wii controller is broke it will not register the nunchuk as being connected and the wii keeps freezing and will not allow you to power it off you have to unplug it completely so i am getting a new wii yeah.,....................

how does it feel owning a girls gaming system?

j/k

what games have you got? your opinion on wii over 360?

Ophcrack makes me feel like i'm in that movie "hackers" but angelina jolie is nowhere to be found.

haha yeah well just be glad your not in that movie though... I mean do you really want to be like one of those people..... and yeah I was actually thinking about doing the irc room again.. seems like with how good the tech support corner is we could get it going... but shit looks like I am back in here... been avoiding anything computer related for a while since I haven't had a computer in my room for a while....

haha yeah well just be glad your not in that movie though... I mean do you really want to be like one of those people..... and yeah I was actually thinking about doing the irc room again.. seems like with how good the tech support corner is we could get it going... but shit looks like I am back in here... been avoiding anything computer related for a while since I haven't had a computer in my room for a while....

ahh, the times. we should change servers, though. annnd and and....secure it. SSL.

how does it feel owning a girls gaming system?

j/k

what games have you got? your opinion on wii over 360?

the wii is very fun i like it a lot better than the 360 and ps3 do to the fact of interacting with it gets you off yer lazy ass and makes you move..

the games i got are the wii sports that comes with the system, super monkey ball, red steel, madden 2007, cod3 and rayman, i rented that wario smoothmoves and that shit is really really gay.... but on that note its fun ass hell when you are totally drunk

fuck 360 i would buy sony over microshit any day

dude can you pm me how to do that like step 1,2,3 etc? if you explain it i can just copy and paste and send to his email just so its explain right

thanks

How to Retrieve a Lost Windows XP Password

You know how it goes: you have your Social Security number, your bank number, your gym locker number, your work computers password, names of people, phone numbers and dozens of other things shoved into your brain. Who has time to remember their own Windows XP password?

Below are the most efficient ways that I have found to recover a Windows XP Password. If you are in need of other ways, go here: Google

Steps

1. First, at the login screen, click on the question mark button. If you have given yourself a hint, you will see a bubble pop up with text that you inputted when you originally made the password. Try to think of every possible thing that would relate to that hint and try typing it in. Don't give up too easily. If you solve it here, you will be done.

2. If this fails or you don't have a hint, find a computer that has web access that you know you can get on. To recover the password, go to LoginRecoveryand follow the steps there. This is the easiest way to get your password back, and doesn't involve as much work as the other ways listed below. (Only downside is that you have to wait two [2] days to get to your password for free, unless you pay, and then it will be discovered in 10 minutes).

3. Alternative: If you don't want to pay or wait for 2 days for your password, then restart your computer and hold F8 to display a list of startup settings.

4. Choose Safe Mode.

5. The key here is that when windows XP goes into safe mode, it skips the login screen. After you have gotten access, go to the Control Panel and then the User Accounts menu, and click on "Create Password Reset Disk".

6. Follow directions that Windows gives you

7. You can now reset the password!

8. Alternative II: You can also visit this site for a password recovery utility that works even if you cant get into windows in safe mode: Info Download the bootdisk version (Floppy) here: BootDisk And the CD version here: CD

9. Follow the directions on how to use these tools in the BootDisk section of the site

10. Rejoice that you were able to recover everything without reformatting your computer! :)

11. As an absolute last resort (although given these options you shouldn't have to), you can reformat you computer. Go here for an in-depth guide to reinstalling Windows XP: Windows Super Site it even has screenshots!

Tips

* Make sure that you have access to a computer that you know the password of to go to the websites suggested.

* Make sure you have a floppy drive or cd burner; all of these ways involve the use of writeable media