<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro
get everything back up yet sneakandcreep?

p.s.: OORAH!

Actually even after the reinstall and the redownload of drivers it still does it....I got to adjust the settings for the resolution and it just restarts the computer.....

I am tired of fucking with it, I guess I can never adjust my screen.

directx 9

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=90&p=&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f1%2f7%2f1%2f1718ccc4-6315-4d8e-9543-8e28a4e18c4c%2fdxwebsetup.exe

and try this for your videocard drivers. uninstall the old, restart, then install these

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1411

and yes, use the softmod on the 9200.

p.s.: i'm awesome. haha.

oh yeah, and one thing i suspect: are you downloading the ati drivers from the ati site? catalyst and all?

that could be the big problem. or maybe you're downloading some crap from sony's site?

eh, don't trust that catalyst shit, man. ati makes a damn good card, but they fuck things up when it comes to catalyst control center.

How to Setup a Home PC RAID System

x1pjzF2-RYhxRVaVjJXu17PyUoz5IwPUOGOD8X4NQ939r8vfsH7515KJLoxPFoJTZyB-70ERDgyOp06_m0XBdXj6GbPj9UsL1_aDivRzSfjzeES-YjjFIDABg

For those who don't know, it stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive (or Independent) Disks. It's a simple concept: instead of saving your data on one disk, let two disks share the load--or even three, four, five or more. What's that get you? Depends on how it's tweaked. Sometimes faster performance, but most often it's for reliability.

By spreading your data across two or more disks, you make sure that if one hard disk failes, the others keep on chugging. On systems with three or more disks, you can actually remove one disk--never losing data--stick in a new disk and have it get formatted and joined to the RAID array without ever shutting down the machine. That's sweet.

Until recently, RAID systems have been the province of corporate servers because only corporations have had enough data to worry about them. But with non-HD movies grabbing 4GB of space, HD movies going between 29GB and 50GB, plus hundreds of megs of pictures, songs, games and more, the average home PC is looking like 1 terabyte or more is a pretty good number. And 1TB is definitely RAID territory.

Fortunately, RAID is a very mature technology--you're not on the cutting edge with this. There are plenty of RAID kits you can buy even at retail out lets like CompUSA that include everything you need except the hard disks. And if that daunts you, then check out this step-by-step tutorial from Hardware Secrets on rolling your own RAID.

No, it's not for everyone. But if you've got 80-100GB of stuff that needs to be kept safe and fast, I'd seriously consider it. Every bit of reliability is worth it when you're talking about that much data.

Peter Jenner, former manager of bands like Pink Floyd, T.Rex and the Clash, states in an interview with the Register that music label executives have lost faith in DRM and dollar-per-track online music selling isn't working too well as a model. He predicts that in two to three years time, many countries will have moved to a blanket licensing regime." The article goes on at some length, talking about the value of digital music, patterns in the music industry, and some business at the end about 'the tyranny of the playlist' that I'm not hep enough to follow. I'm not sure this rant has any connection whatsoever with reality, but it is something to think about.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/03/peter_jenner/

Microsoft and Secunia are warning about the discovery of a new 'Zero-day' vulnerability affecting all Microsoft based operating systems except Windows 2003. Both companies states that the vulnerability is currently being exploited by malicious websites. One attack vector is through Internet Explorer 6/7 — so be aware where you surf to."

why the fuck do the names of the sandwich get bigger but all 3 are the same size

its all the same amount of meat on all of them but the buns get smaller which makes you stack the meat higher (great mind trick)

which means the regular roastbeef has the most mass (will fill you up more)

arbys3.jpg