<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Quite some months ago I asked you sporting young chaps about how to repair a damaged hard drive, since then I have come to the conclusion that its a hardware problem and the only way to fix it is to place the old platters into a new mech.

Im worried that If I do this I will fuck it up and I have gotten a few quotes but they are all rediculously expencive. So here are my questions;

How much is a resonable amount to pay for this procedure?

Do I have to worry about the content of the HD if I give it to a tech?

15% is mechanical, and that is where the problems come in. 10% tends to be the electronics on the bottom, 4% are the heads or platters, and about 1% is the motor.

you should beable to fix the electronics yerself got to be deadon with the same make and model (and most of all the dates they were made have to be the same also) or it will never work.

depending on who you go thru to get yer data back you have to read there policy (99% of the time they are allowed to report to the police)

1. After creating a new lmhosts file, where would you place it?

a.%Systemroot%\System32\NBT\Etc

b.%Systemroot%\System32\NBNS

c.%Systemroot%\System32\Etc

d.%Systemroot%\System32\Drivers\Etc

2. When a client sends a resolution request to its designated DNS server, what kind of request does it send?

a.Iterative

b.Complete

c.Descriptive

d.Recursive

3. In WINS, when does a pull partner initiate replication?

a.When the number of changes reaches a certain level

b.On a predetermined schedule

c.Never

d.When it detects that a push partner has restarted

4. Which of the following NetBIOS node types would you configure on a client system if you wanted to force NetBIOS registrations and resolutions via a WINS server exclusively?

a.P node

b.M node

c.W node

d.B node

5.Which of the following DNS record types would you configure to denote an e-mail server?

a.MX

b.MNAME

c.HINFO

d.SRV

VIEWS: 23,212

Posted By HonestlyDisOnest

Re: <<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

I went to PC Professor for 6months and took a few classes on programming. yeah i got my A+,MCP,MCSA,MCSE,CCNA

Good looking out about the programs too.

FORUM: CHANNEL ZERO 08-03-2006, 04:52 PM

REPLIES: 4,764

this anygood?

Manual steps to recover a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting

The procedure that this article describes uses Recovery Console and System Restore. This article...

FORUM: CHANNEL ZERO 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM

who?

im here to help out i gotta keep my skills up.

FORUM: CHANNEL ZERO 08-03-2006, 04:41 PM

Anyone need help from a MicrosoftCertifiedSoftwareEngineer?

;) freshly graduated and ready to go

fuck he was a fake

can't send him an email either unless one of the adims gives it to me

oh and to show you it was not homework here are the answers

1.D - After creating a new lmhosts file, you should place it in the %Systemroot%\System32\Drivers\Etc folder.

2.D - the reslution query sent by a TCP/IP client to its DNS server is always a recursive query. Iterative queries are used between DNS servers. Complete and descriptive are not recognized types of DNS resolution

3.B - A WINS pull partner only initiates replication on a predetermined schedule. (When the number of changes reaches a certain level) describes when a push partner initiates a replication. All of the other answers are incorrect

4.A - The P node NetBIOS node type forces the system to use WINS servers exclusively for NetBIOS name registration and resolution, The M node NetBIOS node type uses broadcasts for name registration. (For NtBIOS name resolution), a system configured for M node uses broadcasts first, and if the broadcast method fails to resolve a name, uses a NetBIOS name server. W node is not a recognized type of NetBIOS node configuration B node calls for the use of the broadcast method for NetBIOS name registration and resolution exclusively

5.A - MX (Mail Exchange) records are used in DNS to refer to servers that host e-mail systems. MNAME is a property of an SOA record, not a record type in its own right HINFO is a record type used to specify the CPU and operating system used by the server specified by a system SRV records are used to refer to servers that are performing a particular service

after all that is done then reformat

XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft

Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!

Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

If you get files not found during the copying stage.

Blaster worm warning: Do not immediately activate over the internet when asked, enable the XP firewall before connecting to the internet. You can activate after the firewall is enabled. Control Panel - Network Connections. Right click the connection you use, Properties and there is a check box on the Advanced page.

KB 833330u Blaster removal

What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and Its Variants

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011

Reapply updates or service packs applied since initial Windows XP installation. Please note that a Repair Install using an Original pre service pack 1 or 2 XP CD used as the install media will remove SP1/SP2 respectively and service packs plus updates isssued after the service packs will need to be reapplied.

Locate the core/core.actions.php file. Find this line:

@header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");

Replace it with this:

@header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");

casek: What will this do, what caused this, and how can I prevent it from happening again? Where is this php file located?

Also, this is not just happening in Firefox, it's happening in everything.