<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

clean all the hardware from top to bottom with isoproyl alcohol with a q-tip to get into them little creveses watch getting the cotton caught go over the connections "memory/pccards/video card/sound card/and on the cards use an eraser to clean the connectors. blow off all the eraser dust and spray down with alcohol dry and stick back in (the reason your video is not working in prolly because you got orange juice down in the slot if that is the case buy yerself a new motherboard buddy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you knwo what? i think raven is doing what he used to do with the magazine.

(btw: how many of the people here ahve actually seen the magazine. i've always wondered)

anyhow, he made sure that when you interviewed someone, you actually knew them or went to paint with them.

i think most of the mods know each other on a more pesonal level. ala: raven, seeking, joker, hal, king of hell, glik0, etc.

I have the Os Gemeos issue! I remember thinking, "Wow, this is the nicest graff zine I've ever seen." Honest, no sucking up.

The way I see it, as long as we keep contributing to 12 oz. the whole mod thing isn't all that important to me. If we really wanted to be mods, we would just start our own board. But, Mainter is busy with school, casek is....I don't know what casek does. I'm a spastic ADD case, and probably the LAST person that should be in a position of authority. Let's keep things the way they are, and I'll be happy. And, that's all that matters....as long as I'm happy, it's all good.

I got a Dell Dimension 8100 P4 with a DVD drive today for 80 bucks. I FUCKING LOVE OAKLAND. It has Win 98 on it...for now, but I think it's gonna be the house server.

We'll see. I need to take it apart and figure out what's going on.

And, I want to do a Tech Zone logo...I don't know if you'll like it, but I'm going to do it anyway and post it. Why not? Actually, I have the perfect drawing....I'll get 'er done.

casek does computer repair and reads constantly.

i also do some other stuff, but we don't need to get into that.

i prefer some anonymity, nawwmean?

i'm not too busy, actually i have alot of time to do

a project like that. but i like contributing to the graff community.

about that os gemeos issue, i had that too. i also had the twist issue.

unfortunately, both got borrowed and stolen long long ago.

and yeah, i agree. 12oz was and always will be the nicest graff mag out

there. too bad it's been many moons since raven stopped producing it.

gah! no one ever told me if larry flynt actually made raven a big offer

to buy it out. i'm guessing it's true.

Sooo. While im listening to my jams, im not sure what is responsible but my folders just decide to delete themselves. The folder is still there but all the files in it are gone. Entire albums gone in a flash. I never had this problem before i updated windows media player. Any good substitutes?

So, I'm using the new P4...It's FAST. I need some advice, though...this machine has RAMBUS, and I'm not too familiar with it. I do know it's expensive. I only have 256 MB right now, but it doesn't seem too slow, strangely enough.

I tried to unpack that .rar file, and it's not working, for some reason. Hmmm...well, maybe it's a corrupt file? my file manager is saying it's not a .rar file. And, I installed Linux RAR, so that should be working.

shai: this is the barely naked rar right? or tiny xp?

RDRAM is expensive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambus

glad that p4 is working really well for you. you need to dual boot xp and linux

so you can use sony vegas vid on your comp (12oz tv)

man, i didn't know you hang out with the guatamalen drug lord until i read that thread.

tell homie to wwear the trenchcoat and follow you around art bars.

Ha ha...I think I know who you're talking about.

I'll ask him, but I don't know...he just got into town, and I'm not too sure if he has his flicks with him or not.

You probably should send him a message, but I'll try to remember to ask him about it the next time I see him.

We were talking about taking up a collection to get you a ticket out this way so we can all hang out. But, for right now it's mostly just talk.

haha. you do know who i'm talking about.

a collection. dope. have an asian meet me at the airport.

i just sent him a message today via myspace.

i should start a collection for you guys to come out here.

i'll get you a trailer and some cowboy hats so you can

grasp the "whole experience". haha. j/k. i wouldn't do that to any of my friends.

ever. well hang out sometime soon. all thsi crazy work has got me wanting to

vacation far away from the south.

casek, PM me your myspace info...I'll put you on, fo' sho'.

I have to step out for a while....I may be on later tonight, but my plans are pretty flexible right now.

If not tonight, tomorrow morning....I want to get this XP thing figured out.

Okay, it's a go. I really gotta get the hell out of here...my new lady friend left something important here, and I want to make sure she gets it before she goes out tonight.

if you would be so kind as to let me know what you think the problem with that stupid .rar file might be, I'd appreciate it. I'm at a loss. That's Windoze for you....broken before it ever gets installed, ha ha.