<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

Networking: Most popular freeware downloads

1. Advanced Port Scanner
    Advanced Port Scanner is a small, very fast, easy-to-use and robust port scanner for the Win32 platform. It is multithreaded, so on fast machines you can scan ports in very a few seconds. It has descriptions for the common ports and can perform ...
  2. SuperScan
    Powerful TCP port scanner, pinger, resolver. SuperScan 4 is a completely-rewritten update of the highly popular Windows port scanning tool, SuperScan. Here are some of the new features in this version. Superior scanning speed Support for ...
  3. PuTTY
    PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 platforms, along with an xterm terminal ...
  4. Tera Term (Pro)
    Tera Term (Pro) is a free software terminal emulator (communication program) for MS-Windows. It supports VT100 emulation, telnet connection, serial port connection, and so on. Source code (C, C++) available (315 ...
  5. ICS IP Spoofer
    ICS IP Spoofer is an application that makes a client use of ICS possible for using filesharing, online-games and every network application. An assistant helps to configure it. Disable schedule task option for Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP makes the ...
  6. SimpTerm
    A Telnet client that allows a PC user to connect to a remote UNIX or MAINFRAME computer using either a modem or a TCP/IP network. It provides VT100/ANSI Color terminal emulation and Kermit, xmodem, ymodem and zmodem file transfer capability along ...
  7. Active Ports
    Active Ports - easy to use tool for Windows NT/2000/XP that enables you to monitor all open TCP/IP and UDP ports on the local computer. Active Ports maps ports to the owning application so you can watch which process has opened which port. It also ...
  8. IP Check
    This is a small (56KB) multithreaded application designed to combine several useful network features into one program. It will perform Ping Scans, Port Scans, forward and reverse lookups by hostname or IP and single Pings on hosts. It also easily ...
  9. NetView
    Using LMHOSTS file in wicht all hosts in net can be enumerated and shows even if master browser in your network cannot be found. Can show map in simple list, visual and route map modes. Opening both by IP or hostname. Usefull when WINS server in ...
  10. NetworkActiv Sniffer
    Do you need an easy to use TCP/IP packet sniffer with useful features like: *Text sub-string searching, *Packet reception filters, and *Capturing & Storage of HTTP files via packets? If so, NetworkActiv Sniffer is for you! Download your ...
  11. Du Remote PC v. 0.2b
    DuRPC allows you to remotely control the desktop of any PC running windows, even over the internet. Very secure logon protocol. Note: development stopped since VNC (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/) is really much better and freeware as well! ...
  12. VNC (Virtual Computing Network)
    A remote display system which allows you to view and use a remote computing ‘desktop’ environment from anywhere on the Internet or across a LAN and from a wide variety of machine architectures (ie Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, ...
  13. LDAP Browser
    Softerra's LDAP Browser is a lightweight version of LDAP Administrator with limited functionality and is FREE for all kinds of use including commercial. Unlike LDAP Administrator, the LDAP Browser does not allow its users to modify LDAP directories. ...
  14. NetBrowser
    Program for users and administrators of local area networks ( SMB - based ). It can monitor additional information about hosts in the LAN, such as : MAC, IP, IPX addresses, user names, all shares, including hidden. It has a lot of features, ...
  15. Advanced IPAddress Calculator
    The Advanced IP Address Calculator is a freeware Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP utility that lets you to calculate every aspect of your subnet configuration in a few mouse clicks! It was designed for any network engineer who needs a fast way to determine ...
  16. JTelnet
    JTELNET is my version of console telnet application. This telnet application will run on Windows NT and requires only a small amount of ...
  17. RemoteHome 2000
    makes your computer and data accessable over the Internet from any location. RemoteHome is also ideal to share data on your harddisk with your ...
  18. Advanced IP Scanner
    Advanced IP Scanner is a fast, robust and easy-to use LAN scanner for Windows. It easily lets you have various types of information about local network computers in a few seconds! It gives you one-click access to many useful functions - remote ...
  19. Advanced VNC
    This fast, reliable, easy-to-use remote control software saves you hours of running up and down stairs between computers.AVNC allows you to take control of another PC on a LAN, WAN or dial-up connection so you see the remote computer's screen on ...
  20. Boss Watcher
    Boss Watcher is a combination of the two programs that allow you to watch the screens of the computers of your local network. One program is BWServer. It is running on the remote computer. It sends screenshots to the BWClient program that is running ...

"My CPU is running at xx degrees, is it too hot?".

AMD Athlon, Athlon 64, Opteron, Duron and Sempron

All Slot A CPUs (Athlon classic, Athlon Thunderbird) 70°C

Athlon Socket A up to 1 GHz, Duron up to 1.3GHz

90°C

Athlon "Thunderbird" Socket A 1.1GHz or more 95°C

Athlon MP 1.33GHz or more 95°C

Athlon XP up to 2100+

90°C

Athlon XP 2200+ and faster

85°C

Duron "Applebred" 1.4G and faster 85°C

AMD Opteron

69 or 70°C

depending

on model

Athlon 64, 64FX, Sempron

Most models 70°C; 65°C for some Socket 939 Athlon 64 models

Athlon 64 X2 (dual core)

65°C

AMD K6 series

All K6 CPUs (166-300MHz) and most K6-2/K6-III CPUs 70°C

K6-2/K6-III CPUs, model name ending with X (e.g. K6-2-450AFX) 65°C

K6-2-400AFQ (uncommon) 60°C (!)

K6-2+, K6-III+, most mobile K6/K6-2 CPUs 85°C

mobile K6/K6-2 model name ending with K (e.g. mobile K6-2-P-400AFK) 80°C

The temperatures specified for AMD CPUs max case surface temperatures. These CPUs do not have an internal diode to measure CPU temperature. The accuracy of the CPU temperature measurement depends on the motherboard; therefore, it is possible that the CPU overheats even though the CPU temperature reported by the motherboard is below the specified maximal temperature.

Intel Pentium III

Pentium III Socket 370 500-866MHz,

Pentium III Slot 1 (first generation, OLGA) 550-600MHz,

Pentium III Slot 1 ('Coppermine') 500-866MHz 80-85°C depending on model

Pentium III Socket 370 and Slot 1, 933MHz 75°C

Pentium III Slot 1 933MHz 60°C (!)

Pentium III Slot 1 1GHz 70°C for newer versions

60°C (!) for older version

Pentium III Slot 1 1.13GHz (first version) 62°C (!)

Pentium III max temperatures are the maximum temperatures reported by the thermal junction inside the CPU.

Intel Celeron / Celeron

Celeron 266-433MHz 85°C (max. CPU case temperature)

Celeron 466-533MHz (0.25µ) 70°C (max. CPU case temperature)

Celeron 533-600MHz ('Coppermine) 90°C

Celeron 633 and 667MHz 82°C

Celeron 700-850 MHz

80°C

Celeron 900MHz-1.4GHz

69-70°C depending on model

Celeron 1.7GHz and faster

67-77°C depending on model

Celeron max temperatures are the maximum temperatures reported by the thermal junction inside the CPU, unless otherwise specified.

Intel Pentium II

Pentium II (1st generation, 'Klamath') 72-75°C depending on MHz

Pentium II (2nd generation, 2.0V core), 266-333MHz 65°C

Pentium II (350-400MHz) 75°C

Pentium II (450MHz) 70°C

Pentium II temperatures are the maximum temperatures of the thermal transfer plate (on which the heatsink is installed).

Intel Pentium 4, Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, Pentium M

Pentium 4

Max. temperature depends much on model and clockspeed, but no clear pattern is visible. Consult Intel's tech specs for information on your particular model.

(Lowest: P4 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz with 64°C, highest: P4 Willamette 1.8GHz with 78°C). 64°C - 78°C

Pentium M

100°C (!)

Intel Pentium D (dual core)

Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) 63°C

Pentium D 830 and 840 (3.0-3.2GHz) 69.8°C

Note: Pentium 4 and Pentium D temperature specifications indicate the maximum cover temperature, which is typically lower than the temperature reported by the internal thermal diode. Therefore, your system may be running fine even if the reported "CPU temperature" in the BIOS is higher than the temperature specified here. This does not mean that you're on the safe side, though.

Intel Pentium Pro

Pentium Pro, 256 or 512K L2 cache 85°C

Pentium Pro, 1MB L2 cache 80°C

Pentium Pro temperatures are maximum surface temperatures.

dammit. i was attempting to mount new fan inside

the case...actually. it's the antec fan. i put the amd stock on the

heatsink (quieter)

i also wd-40'ed the antec.

as i was checking it out for noise my finger accidentally touched the

fan and SNAP! blade goes flying. so much for the antec.

it's no big deal. just an extra fan.

i'd rather have something with more of a solid build, anyhow.

gotta find a nice place to mount it since my

open area of the case is plexiglass.

kinda fucks things up.

tomorrow in my free time, i'm gonna start chopping up this old amd heatsink.

solid aluminum. whee.

http://www.uniquehardware.ca/guides/homemadeheatsink/homemadeheatsink1.1.php

i'm reading a temp of 33 celsius. want it lower.

more fan. more heatsink. must have more!

oh did everyone get there windows security updates today?

yesterday microsoft released a dozen security updates to fix at least 20 vulnerabilities in its windows operating system and other software, including 11 flaws Redmond labeled "critical," its most severe warning level.:o

for you cheap bastards download your updates from here http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/ bypass all that windows key crap

Microsoft: Bots a Big Problem for Windows

Malicious bots are becoming quite common, with six out of every ten computers scanned by the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool found to be infected, Microsoft said Monday.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Bots_a_Big_Problem_for_Windows/1150131104

i will be fucking pissed if any of you common readers have them you should know better haha

Yo Mainter. For some reason on my sister's computer we can ONLY hear music from her right speaker. The problem isn't the balance shit in the volume control either, I already tried it. And this computer is fairly new, she bought it last year. And I even tried using my speakers and I can only hear from the righ tside of my head phones. This is annoying.

help.

i was gonna say driver too but i guess thats out of the question

are you sure the balance did you check thru the control panel sounds and audio devices

read the picture as right/left/center

untitled.jpg