Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
realcanadiannatualspringwa

kilroy

his good shit was always in spots where the zombies roll deep..

...damn i miss gogo shows..and ginuwine rollin up back home tryin to get in the movie theatre for free an me tellin him to take his midget ass back to the ticket podium and pay

i'm gonna start doing hello kitty streakers..black/white/purple three core and hit up "mr. manners was here" under it

hello_kitty_2.jpg

"mr. manners was here"

gangsta

so it was kilroy way before taki and cornbread? take that ny and pa. the uk invented modern graffiti and kilroy was all-world before any of your "kings".

Yeah, I've never understod why Kilroy never gets any mention in the history of modern graff. Dude was way before anyone else (except hobo streaks on freights, which were way earlier than him, even).

When I was growing up, my Grandmother ussed to have tons of old Mad magazines that my father and uncles had collected in the sixties and seventies. A lot of the artists used to put Kilroy up in the backgrounds of the illustrations, which I immediately thought of when I first went to NYC and saw my first real graffiti. I guess dude isn't "hip hop" enough to get mention in the graffiti history books, though.

Originally posted by MAR@Feb 20 2006, 08:33 PM

so it was kilroy way before taki and cornbread? take that ny and pa. the uk invented modern graffiti and kilroy was all-world before any of your "kings".

KILROY WAS STARTED BY AN AMERICAN SERVICE MEMBER.

ALSO I DON'T THINK KILROY HAD MUCH OF A CONNECTION WITH THE GRAFF SCENE THAT DEVELOPED DURING THE DAWN OF THE "HIP HOP" ERA IN NEW YORK AND PHILLY. HE WAS JUST SOMETHING THE DUDE WOULD WRITE AND SOON OTHER U.S. SERVICE MEMBERS COPIED AND IT SPILLED OUT INTO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Kilroy and Hitler - The Rumour

Near the end of World War II, Adolf Hitler was absolutely and completely paranoid regarding one insurgent in particular. This individual seemed able to get into everything and anything that was thought to be secure in Nazi, Germany. He (Hitler) ordered his best men to begin actively searching for this super-spy and all troops were commanded to shoot and kill this menace.

The 'spy' Hitler was looking for was none other than Kilroy! GIs in occupied territory and spies in the German Army were vandalizing Nazi bases and equipment with the Kilroy logo and its well-known slogan. It wasn't intended as anything more than graffiti and a prank, but by the final year of Hitler's reign, he was convinced Kilroy could penetrate into any secure area and feared for his own safety thinking Kilroy was certain to kill him.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this