New comer (sabe)

sabe2005

Originally posted by The Leader@Jun 17 2005, 06:26 PM

Also.. names. Your name is already taken. Using a well known's name is like copying a picasso and claiming it as your own.

A name is who you are in graffiti. Graffiti (for the most part) is about letters, taking someone's letters is like taking their identity. Or attempting to, anyway./

Listen to the guy...^^^^^^

Sabe...You should stick to your Naked Girls Sketches ..I feel em more than your "Graffiti" .. ;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Although you have made a solid effort you have skipped too many of the basics regarding lettering

to attempt that style and actually be good at it. I hate to tell people to go simple

so what I'll tell you is to forget the extra extensions, gills and bits for now and focus on the basic

letter form. Once you have that down (won't happen overnight unless you bite) you can then

add all the bells and whistles to you piece in a much more effective manner.

you obviously have some serious artistic talent, judging by your other, non letter stuff. but that doesnt make you exempt from the basics of graffiti. This seems to happen to alot of people that are already talented artists that try and jump into the graff game, they always seem to skip simple stuff and think they can make wildstyles look nice immediately. and you can tell by looking at it - its nicer to see than someone drawing arrows everywhere but its still not "good" graffiti because you obviously dont know what you're doing. start simple and you'll probably learn fast.

Welp, Good advice!

From everyone!

As for comparing letters to the human form, well There isn't really proportions to letters on the whole that people follow so I guess I don't fully undertsand that but I do get the gest about working structure before solidifing the name. I will change a few times the name I write, Again it's for fun.

But you can't really compare someone using a certain font as stealing a style, there are many artist that are influenced by the great Frank Frazetta and it shows in their work but influence doesn't make it stealing. Same with the name, there are many names taken two or three times over. Of coarse big names like Seen or Cope can't be taken twice. But I understand, I never heard of Sabe from NY till I came here so I have changed after seeing his shit which is the shit btw.

Now I will stop rambling and make a new name......... :king:

Originally posted by KiLL Or DiE+Jun 12 2005, 03:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KiLL Or DiE - Jun 12 2005, 03:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-magic@Jun 11 2005, 05:40 PM

How do we know hes not the sabe from NYC of something?

Give him a chance to speak.

Simply because The NY Sabe knows what the fuk hes doing and he doesnt need to come to a fuken website to ask for feedback...

[/b]

ah ha ha ha ha ha :haha: ::while pointing::

Originally posted by LENS+Jun 19 2005, 01:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LENS - Jun 19 2005, 01:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KiLL Or DiE@Jun 12 2005, 03:43 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-magic@Jun 11 2005, 05:40 PM

How do we know hes not the sabe from NYC of something?

Give him a chance to speak.

Simply because The NY Sabe knows what the fuk hes doing and he doesnt need to come to a fuken website to ask for feedback...

ah ha ha ha ha ha :haha: ::while pointing::

[/b]

You saying everyone posting here don't know what the fuck they are doing?

If you post anything piece of art you're gonna want to hear what others think, Even Sabe from NY isn't above that shit you dumb fuck.

• 1 month later...

Sabe is above it, because, what he does is go out and bomb the streets with his shit regardless. He's surrounded by crew members who are about their business to keep him on his toes. If you gave him feedback, he wouldn't give a fuck. Your missing the point, friend. He's on the streets, not the net. The fact that this conversation is going on about him right now, that he will forever be completely oblivious to, is proof in it's self of how above it he is.

Anyways, glad you changed the name. That last simple is pretty fresh.

Fly Hortons-

yeah, well lets drop the whole sabe thing, Sabe Ny is the shit, he has all kinds of expereince on me, SO I change the name.

thx for the comment, I think going simple is the way to go now.

Tough Love--

Wack - no structure?, you talking about those first two? yeah well, I know that. But you really think this last one Rebuf has no structure?

Originally posted by sabe2005@Jul 20 2005, 04:34 PM

Fly Hortons-

yeah, well lets drop the whole sabe thing, Sabe Ny is the shit, he has all kinds of expereince on me, SO I change the name.

thx for the comment, I think going simple is the way to go now.

Tough Love--

Wack - no structure?, you talking about those first two? yeah well, I know that. But you really think this last one Rebuf has no structure?

rebuf has no structure.. if i had a digi cam or a scanner i would show you something that has 'structure' even if some of you cockers dont like it.. if you want to reply to me then send me a PM, because chances are i wont be comming back to this thread..

and what gnometoys said.. except this is the first time ive been on paper chase in a while.. and i saw this thread from the front page and its the only one i went to.. you suck.. dont listen to anyone when they say shit like 'paint more thats the way to improve'...... that is bullshit i bet you anything he sucks a nut at everything he does.. what i did.. was draw my heart out.. then i got about 3 steps.. now im just a little bitch.

All I gotta say to that last response is, I'm pretty fucking good at anything I create. I have a 15 page comic (Blackout) 7 pages away from publishing. I do figure drawings, had three shows in which I sold 4 pieces. I sell commisons, this most recent one is $400. Might finish tonight...

But I would like to see that posted peice that has "real" structure. Btw, What about the Rebuf has no sturcture, maybe I wouldn't bite back if you actually explained you expression. Where does it not work?

Yeah, it doesn't have traditional sense of structure, but it's pretty clean, and it's not fucked up. It does have structure, everything is in the right place. It's kind of on some euro shit. But don't belive the hype, just cause it ain't straight letter bars per say, that doesn't mean it doesn't have structure.