Then they came for the children

robJ

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by KaBar2@Jun 28 2005, 12:51 AM

"Ad Hominem attacks" are attacks upon one's opponent in a debate.  This is what happens when one cannot refute the opponents' logic--the only choice then is to insult or attack the speaker, and it is generally considered to mean that the one conducting the ad hominem attack lacks any logical alternative.

These young ladies that were arrested wrote essays and talked openly about suicide bombing.  They were arrested on suspicion.  They were interrogated, and when the FBI was satisfied they weren't hooked up with Islamist terrorists, they were released to their parents.  The one girl was permitted to peacefully depart back to her home country, Bangladesh.  Perhaps she was unhappy about the opportunity to depart these infidel shores back to the sylvan shores of her home country--I don't know.  She wasn't deported.  Mom and Dad said "If you release her, we will take her back to Bangladesh."  And she was released, after a week.  No torture.  No harsh interrogation.  No ear-splitting 24-hours-a-day of dying rabbit screams and Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'."

...I find it ammusing that you, after I have jabbed you 100 times with ideas and fact, would beleive I would fall back on some petty insult like I have nothng to add...

In any conversation worth having there has to be a common ground, if this is not part of the conversation it simply is two people speaking at each other. This is why I always try to point out hypocricy in yours and others statements by using the documents that you often rely on, be it the constitution and the courts or the bible or news articles or historical fact to lend weight to my ideas - in the end I've met you on grounds you've opened up and attempted to show you why your ideas may be off. When I write something dismissive it is because, here in this little world of about 10 real voices I have established that indeed I have a solid idea about what I beleive to be right and enough information to present the ideas as atleast informed opinion. If I choose to make a statement that is simple and insulting it should be taken that maybe the ideas I'm responding to are simply so out of the norm, or so blatantly acute that all I can do it hope to check you by bringing it back to standard man to man conversational tones....and the fact that you addressed those "young ladies" after my one sentance tells me that on some level you understood that meaning.

SO now that thats out in the open....

Read the article again man, I mean you revised the facts right in front of our eyes. For one, it was an essay - not a manifesto, not a suicide note - an exploration of ideas that clearly hit home with her as a Muslim. The writings you presented here, were you Muslim and justifying the Twin Towers terrorism and asserting how all the Muslim militia in Texas was on a brink of Holy war after they raided these girls homes, would likely put you on a list of concidered individuals in some secret agencies vaults. And you making someone leaving there country sound like a picnic is sickening - if they were asked to leave or intimidated to leave after being exonerated, that is not an America I want to be a part of.

Taking this to a personal level, my good friend Rakib is from Bangledesh, and at one point was a manger at a high tech firm where I worked and controlled 150 people. He earned his way there from a position in a warehouse. He mentored me when I joined on. He was a family man, spiritual and loving but not a zealot - he married a neorotic Jewish girl but practiced Rammadan for his grandmother and did not eat pork nor drink for the same respect fopr his heritage and his grandmother. This is all true, no romance, this man is this straight about what he beleives. The guy was here for like 17 years and would have been your boss had you worked in his company...

But than there was the patriot act. Than there was intense scrutiny regarding foreigners. Than they found a single job application where instead of disclosing he was a foreigner with some government stamp to be here, he claimed citizenship...and this cost him $75,000 in lawyers and procedural crap and years of nail biting to allow him to stay here DESPITE BEING MARRIED TO AN AMERICAN WOMAN AND NEVER HAVING DONE A THING IN HIS LIFE EXCEPT BE BETTER THAN YOUR AVERAGE FAT BEER SWILLING AMERICAN FAT ASS.

So there is my anecdote, my persoanl experience with the ideas you feel so strongly about. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If Muslims here write about attacking our country kick them out. If white anti-abortion clinic people or 2nd ammendment commandos (assuming they receive the same level of scrutiny, ahem) do the same, send them to an anti abortion country like Iran or a pro-gun country like, well the continent of Africa. You don't like terrorist plots, good neither do I. But don't get behind the rhetoric of patriotism and intellectualism if your assertions can not be universally applied both rhetorically and realisticly. In your personal opinions definately don't apply one rule to the people of your skin tone and your creed and disrespect those of a diffrent background unless of course you seek "Ad Hominem attacks" that blow your whole spot up...

...was that too harsh?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kabar, Just to set the record straight,

point #1.

Saddam Hussein was not a sunni at all. i know you have heard that all over the media. (reading your posts makes me think of clear channel radio) But to set the record straight A sunni is a Muslim who ascribes to the methodology of "the Sunnah". The ways , traditions, sayings,and approvals of the prophet Muhammad. Saddam Hussein was not even a muslim according to One of the most eminent scholars of Islam in our time Sheikh Abdul Aziz Ibn Baz. His denial of the day of Judgement and his bathist communist ideas take him out of the fold of Islam.

point#2.

A person who straps a bomb on himself and blows himself up is not a martyr according to many Muslim Scholars. due to the fact that Allah says in the Quran

O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allâh is Most Merciful to you. (An-Nisa 4:29)

Its all too obvious that we will continue to disagree without coming to a conclusion with eachother, but It's ok, I like to post and read information. By the way Kabar sounds like a muslim name!