CRANK it up FUCKR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Air_Support@Apr 29 2005, 09:09 PM

is it just me?; as i european im tired if seeing these trendy sounding frieght threads 'clogging' up this forum. they last for a page with a few running at the same time and then you start a new one with the flics 'i took this afternoon...'

I dont mind frieghts, although i find them slightly boring, but- and i say this emploringly- just have have one thread and be damned with. you can chat and post shit to your hearts conent. :( :( :(

hmm.. this is interesting to ponder.

i'm not going to open up the whole "euro trains vs. us fr8s" drama, cause that dead horse has been beaten more than i care to remember. and it's cool that you think freights are boring, that's an acceptable opinion and i disagree in good cheer (how unlike the internet, eh?).

but i think there's a few things to consider. the North American freight train pool is enormous, and i do mean the trains of US, Canada, Mexico and some Mexican freights even head into parts of Central America. that's ALL one system. Nowhere in Europe does this occur to the same level. Also, it is important to note that freight is a currently open medium- by this i mean that unlike MOST European trains, there is no widespread buffing program that cleans fr8s before they're put back into service. so therefore, not only are there thousands (over a million i believe) of freight trains running, but there's a good chance that old material is to be found on many of them.

since freights have "taken off" there's so many of them being painted that it's hard to keep up- and you can look for regional ones or ones that roll into your area from somewhere new. a major part of this game for some people is to see where your train ends up- some are on fixed routes, some go all over the place. this, in a nutshell, is why people love freight so much; it's an active venue for graffiti that more often than not allows work to last.

so,urm...... getting back to your point- there's so much out there that new posts are inevitable. in fact, the way that people use this board is that they never update old posts for freights anyways. besides, most people don't want to let everyone know where they spotted freights, since the most important part is they they're still rolling with work on em.

does that help?

Originally posted by joewelcome+Apr 29 2005, 11:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joewelcome - Apr 29 2005, 11:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Air_Support@Apr 29 2005, 09:09 PM

is it just me?; as i european im tired if seeing these trendy sounding frieght threads 'clogging' up this forum. they last for a page with a few running at the same time and then you start a new one with the flics 'i took this afternoon...'

I dont mind frieghts, although i find them slightly boring, but- and i say this emploringly- just have have one thread and be damned with. you can chat and post shit to your hearts conent. :( :( :(

hmm.. this is interesting to ponder.

i'm not going to open up the whole "euro trains vs. us fr8s" drama, cause that dead horse has been beaten more than i care to remember. and it's cool that you think freights are boring, that's an acceptable opinion and i disagree in good cheer (how unlike the internet, eh?).

but i think there's a few things to consider. the North American freight train pool is enormous, and i do mean the trains of US, Canada, Mexico and some Mexican freights even head into parts of Central America. that's ALL one system. Nowhere in Europe does this occur to the same level. Also, it is important to note that freight is a currently open medium- by this i mean that unlike MOST European trains, there is no widespread buffing program that cleans fr8s before they're put back into service. so therefore, not only are there thousands (over a million i believe) of freight trains running, but there's a good chance that old material is to be found on many of them.

since freights have "taken off" there's so many of them being painted that it's hard to keep up- and you can look for regional ones or ones that roll into your area from somewhere new. a major part of this game for some people is to see where your train ends up- some are on fixed routes, some go all over the place. this, in a nutshell, is why people love freight so much; it's an active venue for graffiti that more often than not allows work to last.

so,urm...... getting back to your point- there's so much out there that new posts are inevitable. in fact, the way that people use this board is that they never update old posts for freights anyways. besides, most people don't want to let everyone know where they spotted freights, since the most important part is they they're still rolling with work on em.

does that help?

[/b]

well said joe!