The writer's career

sene215

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666+Apr 20 2005, 03:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kr430n5_666 - Apr 20 2005, 03:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by casekonly@Apr 20 2005, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666@Apr 20 2005, 02:58 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@Apr 20 2005, 08:55 PM

makros: not as cool as it could be

yeah. life is terrible.

nuh uh. trade in your rubles for some lemon laudanum

LEMON LAUDANUM

OH SHIT

WHAT THE FUCK

[/b]

not in this town.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by symbols+Apr 20 2005, 08:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (symbols - Apr 20 2005, 08:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-26SidedCube@Apr 20 2005, 04:30 PM

So.. I just looked up 'axiology' because I'm that bored at the end of the day at work and it basically defined it as the study of value... can you break it down a little more than that or do I have to get off my lazy ass and learn?

..haha..

an axioscope is just a very expensive, powerful type of microscope made by Zeiss

i do microinjections of zebrafish embryos, so i have to look at these little balls in the scope and apply a precision injector to them (small ass glass capillary tubes function as the needle part) when i get the needle inside them, i hit a footpedal that is connected to a nitrogen tank.

a little burst of nitrogen hits the injector needle and a burst of liquid comes out.

(one nanoliter of liquid, which is one one millionth of a liter)

[/b]

And then what do you do with that liquid?

the liquid goes into the [very young] embryo, it contains 'morpholinos'

which are DNA constructs that interfere specifically with the production of a protein we are currently studying

or sometimes RNA, which is a molecule directing the production of said protein in the body.

when i inject this RNA along with the morpholino, i am attempting to 'rescue' [or reverse] the effect the morpholino is having on the embryo

(this serves as a sort of 'proof' or 'check' that your morpholino is doing what you claim it is doing)

i do not have any more time lapse to show right now.

that shit is very time consuming or very expensive.

(the gif above covers about 30 hours)

my boss and are are very intrigued by the advent of gifs in science presentations though, as we have seen some damn cool movies recently (like the one i posted) and wanna make some.

but right now i don't have the time.

for now i do a lot of still photography work for the lab

Its good to see writers these days gettin some education in their heads, making some money, and gettin better paying jobs then back in the day. This tells me that graf has hit BIG! whether you're poor or rich or dumb or smart or black or white. anyone can do anything these days.