SKOOl

never sell out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by gatita@Mar 17 2005, 12:08 AM

If anymore graphic designers come into this world, Im going to quit school and any jobs Ive done and become a ballet dancer. Yeh.

Anyway, you CAN make money being an artist, specifically graphic designer, you just need to know the ropes and how to be a business person as well. I could be the Michaelango of Adobe Programs and the grid system, but if I deal with business horribly ("Oh you want to pay me $5 for 12 hours work? Okay.") then Ill do horribly. To me these things are all common sense, so if anyone is a graphic designer and is doing bad, they either dont live in a high demand design area, dont know how to bust their (or their clients/future clients) balls, or just... suck.

i'm in school for it, so i guess i'll have to help you find a nice pair of tights.. :) i think there are an overabundance of A) run-of-the-mill graphic designers who (like you said) just sit there and and do what they're told. 2) fuckheads with no artistic/creative ability

hopefully i'll do well..

Originally posted by gatita+Mar 17 2005, 12:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gatita - Mar 17 2005, 12:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-26SidedCube@Mar 17 2005, 12:04 AM

"So you do graffiti for a living?"

"Yeah man, it's my life."

"Word. So you make hats, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Word."

Dude, I know a kid like this. Lets just say hes 28 and still hangs around my school. What a moron.

[/b]

If I give him like $5 do you think he'll do my name on a piece of paper? I want to hang it in my room above my bed, that graffiti stuff is just so crazy to me. I could never do it!

actually i think this is a pretty good thread and discussion... sorry for my english... well, i myself dream and think of doing graff for a living. but i also realized that its very very difficult. not impoosible, but difficult. unless ya can paint really sick shit not just letters, but like potraits, ill backgrounds, den the authorities, public or community will dig ur shit.. or youre good enuff to get down wit the montana writers team, hey, you be painting murals after murals at different jams for free.. get paid to paint at a spot, sponsered paint, air ticket and shit.. you bascially are doin graff as a living.. but seriously though, i still hope i can do graff as a livin.. but thinkin that if some shit happened down the road (as what they said, ya really cant write forever) , ill be broke as fuck beggin on the streets.. maybe my parents were right.. study well and always get a stable job.. and again sorry for my enlgish.. just trying to give my views.. no hating :)

peace

themac.JPG.7706ce5a9a65abe4a4c11c8dfb9d269f.JPG

Archived