Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

You know, I used to think the same thing, "Fuck this bullshit, American consumer driven bullshit holiday".

Then I did some research.

Thanksgiving was brought over by the British. Its a Harvest celebration. The same holiday is celebrated about the same time of year all over the world under many different names and traditions.

Its giving thanks for a bountiful harvest. It has nothing to do with nationality, race, or religion.

Give thanks that you are alive and be happy.

Happy Harvest! Smoke up.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

WOW WE KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN WIKIPEDIA.

I have decided not to contribute too much to this forum, for obvious reasons.

But this I have to comment on.

Actually it 4.Oaklnd 9.Richmond. ( I just watched the news )

And this is nothing to be proud of.

Poopdick, you need to stop doing your own product. Never get high on your own supply.

WHY YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO FORGET TO HAVE YOUR LIES SLIDE OVER INTO THE NEXT ONE.

O' WHY DO KEYBOARD KILLERS HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME TRYIN' TO BE HARD AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.

HAY GANGSTER, STFD, STFU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.

WOW WE KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN WIKIPEDIA.

WHY YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO FORGET TO HAVE YOUR LIES SLIDE OVER INTO THE NEXT ONE.

O' WHY DO KEYBOARD KILLERS HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME TRYIN' TO BE HARD AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.

HAY GANGSTER, STFD, STFU

Seems like you always have some stupid ass shit to say to me.

Nothing I say is directed towards you.

Im not trying to be/act hard.

Just trying to put some positive shit on this...

What lies? Those two statements have nothing to do with each other.

Get off your high-horse.

And yes, Wikipedia is pretty cool, and? Whats your point?

Any idiot can go there, yes... so why dont you?

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

Another common Northern California expression is the way in which residents refer to San Francisco as simply "The City" if they live in nearby suburbs (such as San Mateo) or cities like Oakland or Danville, or even as far south as Santa Cruz, some Spanish Mexican speakers refer to it as "San Pancho" as Pancho is a usual a nickname for Francisco in Mexico. Similarly, the city of South San Francisco is sometimes referred to as "South City", especially in the pages of the San Francisco Examiner. The term "Frisco" is almost never used by residents, except in jest, much as "The Big Apple" is not typically used by native New Yorkers. However, although well-known newspaper columnist Herb Caen once castigated the use of the term "Frisco", he later recanted, and the term continues to be used.[6]. Still, the term "Frisco" continues to be viewed by many northern Californians as either revealing ignorance, or as vaguely derogatory. When used by northern Californians, it is typically employed with a sense of irony.

Wikipedia is some funny shit.