-OHIO-

HIGHTOP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This place is mad funny.

Open Letter to KIZ, REEP, DONK, ENVO, whoever and etc.

GO EASY FELLAS!

1st consider what I'm posting with many grains of salt...

I'm probably too old, too hypocritical, too preachy and ultimately a cosmic drop in the bucket in the global "graff game" so who cares. But it's forum so..

I have to enumerate, bear with:

1.) Gentleman, you are burning spots out. Some of you have been spray painting no longer than a summer, if you operated with some degree of restraint certain spots would last years. There used to not be a Mark Rothko Gray Buff Gang, spots rode. Consider if you painted trackside and not street side under W. 140th then your pieces could ride, your style could gel, you could compare and contrast and witness your own growth.

Now what happens is: You Saturday night crush, the small business owner gets heated, lights up the councilman, who lights up 1st district, who lights up FOX 19, and when all is said and done: NO PIECES, JUST GRAY. If your goal is to make Cleveland grayer you won.

Your cross-out wars are ridiculous. Brown utility boxes should ride, instead you X each other and again the councilman's hitting up Mark Rothko to grey out everything. In a city like Clevo with deep problems it's astounding anybody has time to buff utility boxes, but they are a low-hanging fruit you're putting on the councilman's agenda by rubbing your graf in his face with your pointless cross out battles. PLEASE BATTLE WITH STYLE.

2.) Small business owners are your friends. Deli owners, the guys that allowed several nice murals and collections of pieces around town to be painted and to ride are examples of these people. Rich White pays taxes, pays my salary, employs people, holds it down. Unless you're living with your moms in a suburb anybody who pays taxes, has not yet fled to the 'burbs and employs folks in Cleveland is a godsend to us natives. Find a way to work around small business and again your work will ride.

3.) Lastly, certain parts of Cleveland may never have street spots, historically speaking. Cutty spots always...but I've been to many cities and compared to them Cleveland just doesn't have the geography, lay of land or architecture to support street spots. Some areas of course have sustainable street level spots but overall Cleveland writers may have to create other ways in certain areas to get up. They call it "creative destruction", which component do you emphasize the "creative" or the "destructive". FOX 19 should never feature your work, being on their radar is a failure not an achievement.

An aside: SPOTS are special to graf artists, few human beings have "spots" aside from fishermen, graf people have a special "psychic geography"(wiki it) of place. We love our spots, defend them, nurture them, develop them...take for instance the Fun Wall. I'm not just being emo, walls and spots when you find them should connect to you. It's sad to burn a spot out. Think sustainability.

Thanks for hearing me out. PEACE!

Id like to say that we have nothing to do with the action news bullshit and i have no idea who donk and reep are. If you watch the video you can see neither a kiz tag or envo anywhere.

seal is dope

i see KIZ everywhere on the westside of cleveland these days.

Haha yeah get used to it homie.