THE STROKES

ZENYTH.ASP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest tunnel bum

there music video is terrible . its fuckin ridiculous. i oculd make a better video with puppets and britney spears playing in the back round

since i refuse to just blindly hate things, i dug up some reasons to hate the strokes other than their lack of enthusiasm for fast ass cars.

1. they're all rich kids that met at prep school.

2. the singer is the son of john casablanca, head of one of the biggest modeling agencies in NY (and the world)

3. they fucking blow goats

4. they are ridiculously rich, yet they dress like they are poor. not because they gave all their money to charity mind you, but because they think its cool to be poor. its real easy to have fun being poor, WHEN YOUR FUCKING RICH! hey you merry band of fuck wads, get picked on for getting free lunch and wearing the same clothes for 3 years in a row then tell me how cool being poor is.

5. did i mention their unpure acts with quadraped farm animals? oh yeah, see point 3.

6. just fucking look at em. they're like the reinvention of fucking poison. hair all teased up to give them the 'fresh out of bed' look.... they're lucky im fresh outa asswhoppings, other wise id give me a couple from my private reserve

i couldn't help but notice the comparison of the white stripes and the strokes, and i'm sorry but the white stripes are waaaay better than the strokes. the white stripes are one of the best bands i've heard in years. however, i don't really think the strokes are that bad. they're one of those bands that half the people who are bashing them would like if the media didn't shower them with so much praise. plus, for a radio band they are good. look at the other shit that gets played on the radio or mtv--at least the strokes know enough not to put a dj in a fucking rock band, which is more than i can say for most of the numetal piece of shit bands that are popular. as far as mtv bands go look at the alternatives--staind? kid rock? puddle of mud? slipknot? creed? the strokes may not be the best band but at least it's something that i can stand hearing on the radio.

Guest 5th wheel

that bands pretty good..but nothin to special i agree....i think poeple like em cuz they are different and so many people that are mainstream wanna get out so they find bands like these they think nobody's heard of....and they think they found this gem.....i just got back from london....and every where i went they played the strokes..restarunts..shoe stores..skate shops....they're like on fire over there....so i assume they'll have there 15 min. of fame over here in the US in a couple months.....i still like em....wether people ruin em or not....

So, I heard the album shortly after this thread started - and I liked it alot. (I know.. I didn't give them a fair chance - only went off of what people said - shame on me.) But -- who cares what they look like! As we all know that can only get folks so far. It's only an image that is going to sell. Who cares if they're rich little kids.. point blank - they make music that you can dance and sing along to. Do I find meaning in their songs? Yes I do and that's what matters. I think that there are too many people out there who aren't willing to give music a chance because they're afraid. They're afraid of what others may think and say. As for the video? It was nothing special. Just them, playing their music. No blinged out bitches, no flashy graphic work - it's what a music video should be. It actually reminded me of those old variety shows.

As we all know - each band has to make AT LEAST one crappy song that is going to help sell their album...

(mind me.. I don't make sense sometimes.)

Archived