Neck Face

carslegs

nah you just wish you had something intelligent to say about your hero Neckface and his cocktail drinking artbuddies...

dude you got told admit it and shutup and leave this whole site

since ive only seen your shit in this thread and no where else

(thank god for small blessings i guess)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See the problem for you and your 'street art' ni99as (note the use of numbers in a controversial word, for a double wammy like affect) is that you guys are only just figuring out what we as writers have known for about 30 years, at the end of the day society doesnt give a fuck about creative individuals.

But in terms of approach you little fuckers are still in your honeymoon phase with the illegal side of art which means you are trying to justify it to a dieing post modernist gallery crowd.

The best advise i can give you is tell your art teachers to go fuck themselves and do what ever pops into your trendy little heads, the simple fact that it is ilegal provides what you arty types refer to as 'political comment' but if you want 'cultural context' you need to freeform on the street or yard or where ever you plan to place your art.

This is where stenciling and posters fail because it is premade, it removes a large degree of 'context' because it looks the same whether you place it on the busy street in town or the most isolated of back alleys, leaving it little more than a fashionable excersice.. comprende?

Dont try to stereotype writers by calling us 'wanna be supercriminals' or somthing like that untill you have broken the law in highly visible places at least 100 times a week for a few years, been through court several times and had your ass kicked (brutality stlye) by the police more times than fingers on your hands. We do our thing, we dont ask for you acceptance or brag to members of the public about how bad/cool we are. So dont come off like your jelous because we have had the streets and transit systems on lock for 20 or 30 years (depending on where you are) and you guys are only discovering it.

and 'street art' is definatly the tom hanks of the acting world.

i like tom hanks. can it be the jerry o'conell of art? cause that motherfucker needs to get eaten by a wild badger. christ does he suck.

i don't know why you don't like me defstar, but that was a good reply. my only complaint, which isn't really a complaint at all, is that it is possible to do stencils and wheat pastes in a cool interesting way, like banksey. that dude will make a whole big thing just for one area. thats fresh. of course he's the exception to the rule, cause just about everyone else sucks giraffe asshole, but whatever.

other than that, i just want to say that i got stung by a fucking wasp tonight while doing the back of a billboard, cause cause there was a nest in one of the beams and i put my hand on it. it sucked. i also climbed into some really ridculous abandoned burned out buildings, that were actually just holes in the ground, in the dark and thought i was stuck, but obviously i made it out. i also got a strawberry donut. time to sleep.

seeks/art is dead

haha until your boyfriend got verbally fucked up the ass by seeking right bro?

holy crap batman, what a coincidence!

quick, to the Ambegiously Gay Duo Mobile

your just as phony (is that how you spell it) as the dude your trying to defend, and why do u not like the pope? i mean its your right not to and anything and im not a catholic or christan either, but im guessing you may be 14-15 years old, with a serious attitude problem brought on by too much slipknot and lincon park in your room of your parents suburban house, weary black nail polish perhaps and telling eevryone that they dont understand you?

sums you up pretty well? well maybe not but thats what i got off of it...

Seems like a lot of negativity surrounding this kid. Guess that usually happens when you try for something a little different than what everyone else is up to.

Personally, I appreciate his stuff. I enjoy the sense of humor and the fact that it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. I'm not too crazy about the paintings and drawings and feel that it's still hasn't found it's mark quite yet, but the sculpture and street stuff is totally on point in my opinion. Neck Face is saturating NYC at least as much as most other writers that would be considered prolific and his shit is just funny to read.

Only problem I see with Neck Face is all the copy cats he's spawned that unfortunately, don't have half the humor or dedication.

Guest beardo

so to answer the origninal question..

though ive only seen a few pics, i like dudes stuff, in that same 'i like badly drawn goofy art' way that everyone else does these days. i'll be honest, im jelly that dude went from zero to fame in like 3 days. guess he just happened along at the right time/place. way it goes. congrats. i just hope dude's got enough character to not fuck it up.

for now though, my money's on 12oz's very own patrick jilbert ( www.patrickjilbert.com ) which happens to be down at the moment

tyrone, you don't get a reply from me, sorry.

:(

maybe neckface is real cool, but the genre of iconoclastic anti-art is played the fuck out to me. drawing intentionally badly doesn't move me very much. when i know the person, and know their personality, i can appreciate it sometimes, but just to look at it as 'art' doesnt impress me at all. especially when i have so many friends who have more talent in their nail clippings.

Originally posted by -->Def$tar!

He stated that because he thought it would be a bit of a mutual 'high five' meeting ground.

So we would read it and think, 'yeah that dudes not too bad after all'..

hahah

hahah no fuckin shit

man you adept at seeing the shit that i miss

are you a detective by any chance?

tlike thsoe dudes on the first 48 hours show?

because thatd be kinda dope

Defstar, you're an idiot. You claim I'm coming across as jealous because you've had the streets on lock for X amount of years, huh? Then why are you defending yourself by blurting out your battle stories? You shouldn't have to since I obviously look up to you and your superior peers. I'm pretty sure no one cares how many times you've had to go to court or how many times you've been beaten brutality style (by the way, that made you sound super hardcore.) Frankly, it makes you look like an ass. I have some advice for you; Keep your mouth shut. It doesn't make you look tough that you've been caught. You see, I'm still pretty young but I know that real criminals don't go telling everyone that they've been caught or beaten in an attempt to look tough. You and Seeking should have kids. We could use them to test out shampoos or something. Both of you guys need to check your egos at the door.

Originally posted by tyronebiggum

and im the one thats amigously gay? "man you adept at seeing the shit that i miss

are you a detective by any chance? :SLOB SLOB: tlike thsoe dudes on the first 48 hours show?

because thatd be kinda dope :SLOB SLOB:

and i could give a fuck about who and who doesnt like the pope.. if u want to know in detail why i dont like catholics, and unthinking conformists that call themselves christians.. then ask me.. until then... shut the fuck up.

ill reply after about 5 of your dick slobbing posts.

and your stereotypical assumptions were way off.....

you blind fury looking ass nigga... bet that you my stereotypical assumption was more on point

uh oh here comes the 'no one understands me , lets get angry because my daddy never paid attention to me syndrome again'

go listen to slipknot and get your girlfriend to paint your nails bro

what was once an escape from boredom has now become a shackle of ignorance.

that sounded deep huh? maybe i'll start an emo band and call it 'dead men walking'. we'll have stencils you can download from our site (like the 'truth' campain) and spread our name around.

(you can of course just use markers, lipstick or nailpolish too).

can i close this now?

Originally posted by carslegs

Defstar, you're an idiot. You claim I'm coming across as jealous because you've had the streets on lock for X amount of years, huh? Then why are you defending yourself by blurting out your battle stories? You shouldn't have to since I obviously look up to you and your superior peers. I'm pretty sure no one cares how many times you've had to go to court or how many times you've been beaten brutality style (by the way, that made you sound super hardcore.) Frankly, it makes you look like an ass. I have some advice for you; Keep your mouth shut. It doesn't make you look tough that you've been caught. You see, I'm still pretty young but I know that real criminals don't go telling everyone that they've been caught or beaten in an attempt to look tough. You and Seeking should have kids. We could use them to test out shampoos or something. Both of you guys need to check your egos at the door.

Listen here you popsicle, I mentioned my criminal history due to your comments about us thinking we are supercriminals, im not particuly proud of this I was simply using it as an illustration of what we writers generaly deal with. If I (or we) dont meet your definition of a real criminal Im not sure what you think a criminal is.

In conclusion I think your a dreamy eyed art student who would love to have the balls to do some real 'street art' but have decieded to live vicariously through your idol assface.... assneck.... oh yeah neckass.

Enjoy your life.

Def

Archived