Burners and Style!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

JICK INTERVIEW:

One thing I had that helped me emensely was a mentor type enviornment from the crew that I would eventually push. I go to shows or walls here and there and I hear a lot of older style guys complaining about this one or that one biting them or how that they invented everything that ever existed…and just being surly about it. What I don’t see much of is those guys who DID add so much to the style game taking some of the younger guys that they complain about “not doing it right” and telling them how to do it better. I have personally been talked down to a few times without saying who I was at a show or wall simply because of my age or that I wasn’t up on the double R’s or whatever. If no one tells younger kids how to make letters with true style they are just going to grow up looking on the internet and biting the latest trendy techniques and mashing them together without having a solid structure behind it…The Old School has an obligation to teach the younger what the elements of style that they hold so dear are or really they have no right to complain about anything, they fumbled their responsibilities to the game. At the same time, the younger generation needs to put their egos down and listen to criticism and advice…everyone gets better and elevates our city and legacy and all of those things are severely lacking in my opinion right now.

• Like 1

Jick interview says:

One thing I had that helped me emensely was a mentor type enviornment from the crew that I would eventually push. I go to shows or walls here and there and I hear a lot of older style guys complaining about this one or that one biting them or how that they invented everything that ever existed…and just being surly about it. What I don’t see much of is those guys who DID add so much to the style game taking some of the younger guys that they complain about “not doing it right” and telling them how to do it better. I have personally been talked down to a few times without saying who I was at a show or wall simply because of my age or that I wasn’t up on the double R’s or whatever. If no one tells younger kids how to make letters with true style they are just going to grow up looking on the internet and biting the latest trendy techniques and mashing them together without having a solid structure behind it…The Old School has an obligation to teach the younger what the elements of style that they hold so dear are or really they have no right to complain about anything, they fumbled their responsibilities to the game. At the same time, the younger generation needs to put their egos down and listen to criticism and advice…everyone gets better and elevates our city and legacy and all of those things are severely lacking in my opinion right now.