Old School Europe...the roots !!

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. This is a very nice thread, with many good photos, i been looking at them for the last 30 minutes. i would love to see some more photos, i'm real interested on who was doing some of the first panels in Paris...? i love the the feel of old school graffiti. And whoever said that Bates style is biting American style is an idiot. Bates has real structure and actual letters, i'd say that Bates is better than 95% of Graffiti word wide. I believe the Straight letter funk was devolped in NYC in the late 70's early 80's by such artists as Skeme, Dez, Trap etc. etc. they did tech pieces as well, but i seen a lot of photos of straight letters bright colors. And i hate the term "Euro Style" quit sayin that shit already, fuck! Europe is so big, are we really that stupid to lump so many countries together? sometimes i feel ashamed to be an american....

i dont think i even uderstood what i wrote... u know when guys go to eurpe to paint (before 1983??) and style wars, subway art, wild style came out there was it all american resemblance of styles in 1983? when was first recorded year with a "euro" looking piece ?????????< the question!!!!!!(cant explain it expet simple and differenmt... but when i see photos i can tell if its "euro" or not (not including if its on a train.. all the other questinons i asked are important too.. but

Tried to find out some old skool pieces from the Netherlands...

Here's a couple of beginning '90ies pics stolen...

http://www.iol.ie/~bestburners/ces/2/CES48.JPG'>

A'dam subway

http://www.iol.ie/~bestburners/ces/2/CES42.JPG'>

R'dam subway

http://www.iol.ie/~bestburners/ces/2.jpg'>

Banana train

http://www.iol.ie/~bestburners/ces/demonchop.jpg'>

Amsterdammer

http://www.iol.ie/~bestburners/ces/zedzcesnyc.jpg'>

And finally, where it fits the best !!! :lol:

Originally posted by skroeape

i dont think i even uderstood what i wrote... u know when guys go to eurpe to paint (before 1983??) and style wars, subway art, wild style came out there was it all american resemblance of styles in 1983? when was first recorded year with a "euro" looking piece ?????????< the question!!!!!!(cant explain it expet simple and differenmt... but when i see photos i can tell if its "euro" or not (not including if its on a train.. all the other questinons i asked are important too.. but

ok, in case you missed what people have been saying the whole thread (and for like the last 5 years on this site)

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "EURO STYLE" YOU FOOL!

ok thats why (in general) writers can see a flik and say thats "euro", its not like a god concept without proof, the concept didnt just come from inside our heads, you can cisually see a difference... Yes i know every piece of graffiti is different in style (slightly or not) but if you compare the majority of graff from any "random" sampled european city to any ranbdiomly selected american city.. without seeing the differences in surfaces (trains etc.. that can give location away) you can still see a difference... so i didnt mean euro style as in one style only but (just meant similar in style) but euro styleSSSS (plural) you can kinda see it

these flicks are dope

i dont look at alot of european graff anymore, but if their is no "european style" are you saying that each individual country has their own style. i have no idea, but i think when people (americans) say euro style they lump in anything that is not american. personally if you gave me a stack of 100 random worldwide flicks i could pick out almost all the american graff. but i probably could not tell you where in the world the rest would be from...whatever

1981 i think you are wrong BATES is probably better than 99.3 writers

worldwide

Re: these flicks are dope

Originally posted by tucksoe

i dont look at alot of european graff anymore, but if their is no "european style" are you saying that each individual country has their own style. i have no idea, but i think when people (americans) say euro style they lump in anything that is not american. personally if you gave me a stack of 100 random worldwide flicks i could pick out almost all the american graff. but i probably could not tell you where in the world the rest would be from...whatever

1981 i think you are wrong BATES is probably better than 99.3 writers

worldwide

I think it would be a never ending dicussion if we would start one but I can tell you that guys like Prvrt, Loco and I think Europe as well would pick up easily most of pics and tell you which country are that writer or another from !!!

Main countries have their own style or way of drawing letters (even some cities have a real based commn style like Berlin) and even if some writers are doing a "non-country" style, most have a same base like Sweden, Germany, France even Italy & Spain that came up later !!

But on the other way, for sure, American writers are easily recognizable by the style as well but also on the kind of trains they do and the way they do their background etc...

That's why Graffiti is so interesting, you've got many styles, many different cultures, it's something IMPORTANT we have and we should more take into account !!!

Peace...

yea! never ending story

old school adam is classic, infact , any system that was bombed ny style for a few years like adam , rome, etc. , to me are some of the coolest photos to look at,, all the dirt grime and crime make for that gritty graffiti look thyat i find so fresh,,,ill be posting soon as my scanner gets fixed

Archived